Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: COUNCIL TAX REBATE FOR ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES  (Read 4043 times)

ScottishSmallholdersAssoc

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Scotland
  • Scottish Smallholders Association
    • Scottish Smallholders Association Facebook
COUNCIL TAX REBATE FOR ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »
Apparently in accordance with the Climate Change (Scotland) Act those of us with energy efficient homes or a green installation like solar or wind can be eligible for a Council Tax Rebate for having an Energy Efficient Home. Worth calling your local Council Tax Office. The rebate is based on Energy Efficiency.
Scottish Smallholders Association

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: COUNCIL TAX REBATE FOR ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:14:39 pm »
We've got a ground source heat pump and mega insulation - think I'lll be giving them a ring.

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 03:21:41 pm »
We built our house using NBT products, have ground source and PV, so I'm definitely getting in touch! I'm chasing them at the moment because I only just noticed (DUUHH)  that for the past two years, since we moved in, we've been paying for sewerage when in fact we have a septic tank. That's over £600 which will make a much needed dent in the overdraft! If they ever get back to me, that is, it's been 2 weeks........

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 03:34:02 pm »
Just phoned them. Re the rebate, you get a one off fee of £50 for insulating your loft and £75 off cavity wall insulation. Both have to be installed by an approved company, and it has to have been done recently - and 2 years is too long.

They're waiting to hear from Scottish water to confirm that we're not on the sewerage system before refunding the payments.

robert waddell

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 03:44:01 pm »
how stupid are they the council would have to approve your septic tank for planning as would Scottish water but you also have the right to tap into that massive sewer that goes through your land :farmer:

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 05:03:34 pm »
Don't think we didn't think about that when SEPA were arsing us about.....!  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS