Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost and Found  (Read 6058 times)

Sandy

Re: Lost and Found
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 10:26:02 pm »
And when you buy all black socks they end up all differnet shades of black and different sizes......strange

mcginty

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Tyrone, N.I.
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »
Happens all the time,i call this senior moments.
Bending over or kneeling is also becoming quite a effort.
I think this all goes together.
That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 11:48:44 pm »
I recently got myself absolutely fuming because I yet again couldn't find my pen. Stomped about all over the staty looking for it.
I found it, in my hand :-[ :dunce:

;D ;D ;D

Socks!!! How on earth can they be lost from the washing machine back to the sock drawer. OH has so many single socks of varying colours, its untrue!
Try putting them in a net bag in the machine.  It works for us.

Smalltime

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 08:02:18 am »
That is far too organised! I have managed to round up most of the strays into a giant bag for sorting - again... As I can never find a pair I end up buying more which I am told doesn't help  :o

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 08:48:28 am »
I once saw a notice in a pub which said,"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" I'd go along with that!

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 09:48:22 am »
When you put your purse in the fridge and a block of butter in your handbag thats when its time to worry believe me.............. ::) ;D  :D
In our house its remote controls that go missing, garage door ones in particular they normally turn up on a shelf or in a coat pocket and the tv one seems to have a homing device to the bottom of the sofa!
mandy  :pig:

Sandy

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 09:53:03 am »
I stuff things into my large bag and end up taking them shopping with me, last week I had the house phone and a pair of dirty pants!!!!!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 11:59:54 am »
I was going to 'quote' the posts in this thread that had made me laugh - but there're too many!   ;D ;D ;D

Thanks all for the laughs, peeps.

I was so frustrated with my marbles (or lack of) a few years back, I was genuinely concerned it might be early dementia.  A friend explained,

"When you can't remember where you've put your keys, that's getting older.  When you find your keys, look at them, and wonder what those are for, that's dementia."

I have found that a source of great comfort ever since.  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »
Sandy,
I'm with you on the bag.  I have a big bag thats a bit like Mary Poppins one. You never know what you are going to find at the bottom.  Recently its been a disused light bulb and a pair of dirty socks.  Still I need to look on the positive side, at least its a pair of socks and not just one. ;D

Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Sandy

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 06:21:58 pm »
Ha ha Sally, think I have had a pair in my bad before but its more often dog biscuits.  I put things in my bag so I can put them in the place they should be but that does not always happen.....The day of the pants and phone I dreaded being searched when I went food shopping, I would have been so embarrassed.

Last year I went into a house ware shop to buy some pretend flowers, I picked some up and was shocked that they were not the £1.99 that I thought the label said, I did not have my glasses at that time, well the women took me to the spot and I had got it wrong so I said its my lack of glasses and made a little joke then turned round and walked into the window as I thought it was the way out...I bet the staff laughed about that all day, I did!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS