Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost and Found  (Read 6057 times)

Bangbang

Lost and Found
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:43:43 pm »
I managed to loose my hammer today (no bangbang)
Found it 2 hours later in the back of my van. I had obviously put it down when
taking another tools out.

This sort of thing is happening more frequently, I think?

Although at home when I loose things I tend to find them where they should be
and not where I left them.( cheers OH )

Are these ailments normal ?
A concerned post addict.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:47:23 pm by Bangbang »

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Lost an Found
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:48:47 pm »
Worse is finding them several weeks later where my helpful dad thinks they should be, neither where I left them nor where they actually should be  :D

Any tips on re-training my dad very welcome. I love him to bits and he's very keen to help me, but he just always knows a bit better than me how things should be done on my holding  ::)

As for putting things down and losing them - I have been doing this for years so I am not a bit concerned that it's old age creeping up  ;) I have become a master at retracing my steps - truly amazing the places I put things while I'm doing something else  :D

deepinthewoods

Re: Lost an Found
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:51:04 pm »
hmmm hammer issues.

im the proud owner of at least 3,
ive an estwing for precision jobs and proper satisfied twatting of stuff.
and 2 spares for when ive lost my estwing.
ive had that estwing for 12 years, i was given it as a birthday present when my daughter was born. i bet my ex's hoover didnt last as long!

Sandy

Re: Lost and Found
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »
Glasses 4 me.....I am bad at starting one job and it never finnishes as it ends up with another and another, I may be taking the rubbish out, then see dog poo so clean that up in the toilet in the garage where the washing machine is, put washing in, take it out and start to put away but see the post, take the post to the comp then put this on!!!!!!! and so on and so on..today I lost the Fabreeze in some ones bed room!!! I wonder where it got to??

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:57:49 pm »
i lose tape measures i accept it as a fact of life i have about 5 in various tool boxes and still lose them regularly

i took to buying the ones with flurecent plastic covers that didn't help, i lost a bright orange one in a flower bed!!!

i don't fret about tape measures anymore i just buy 2-3 new ones every year to keep up with the ones i lose...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:34:01 pm »
I'm like that with head torches and hats - you wouldn't think you could dispose of so many in a few fields. I have images of my sheep collecting them and wearing them at all night parties  :D

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:42 pm »
My hubby always takes the tape measure for somethingand leaves it where he uses it or on a seat o outside, so I always put them back and he always asks me where they are, same with cellotape, scissors, pens, keys etc etc YET, he can find my glasses!!! strange

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:42:16 pm »
I recently got myself absolutely fuming because I yet again couldn't find my pen. Stomped about all over the staty looking for it.
I found it, in my hand :-[ :dunce:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

PetiteGalette

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 08:56:27 pm »
I have (reluctantly) come to the conclusion in my mature years that inanimate objects a have a mind of their own and will end up wherever they please........
 - or it could just be that MoH 'borrows' them (which he is FORBIDDEN to do) when he can't find his own.............
 and then they metamorphesis into something else because neither of us can find them................
(it is a fact of life that feminine logic just cannot follow male ***********............)
I NOW possess a locked toolbox!
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.  ~Leonard Louis Levinson

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:00 pm »
I would like to lock my toolbox but OH may do the same and a fear I'm the greater thief!! But is always in a good cause for the goats or the sheep
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:09 pm »
I can never understand that you can search for something in every draw, then then, when  you have found something else to do the job or bought a new one, the one you wanted turns up at the top of the draw!!!  I loose loads of eyebrow tweezers  I wonder if one day I will find a pile of them under my chair!

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 09:27:05 pm »
I've just had a right go at the mrs for not putting back stuff - but during the wee hours I'll find them where I left them.  I'm a sod for it.

My belongings are just organised chaos. I try - but it never happens.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 09:37:06 pm »
Glasses 4 me.....I am bad at starting one job and it never finnishes as it ends up with another and another, I may be taking the rubbish out, then see dog poo so clean that up in the toilet in the garage where the washing machine is, put washing in, take it out and start to put away but see the post, take the post to the comp then put this on!!!!!!! and so on and so on..today I lost the Fabreeze in some ones bed room!!! I wonder where it got to??
Sounds like me.
the one good thing about losing things -  While looking I usually find something I've previously lost :-)

I have a PILE of left hand gloves, never know what happens to the right hand ones. I like the yellow gripper gloves, can wear them on either hand, OH has just brought a load of red builders (?) goves, see how long I keep them in pairs. already lost 2 (right handed).

I sometimes try retracing steps, but forget the detours I've made as I've seen other little jobs that needed sorting  ::)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 10:03:46 pm »
[quote author=penninehillbilly link=topic=21980.msg210359#msg210359 date=1331156226

I have a PILE of left hand gloves, never know what happens to the right hand ones. I like the yellow gripper gloves, can
[/quote]

They're here at my house!
Or at least ... I've got a pile of right hand gloves, and being Left handed they're not half as much use! ;D
Little Blue

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 10:23:01 pm »
Socks!!! How on earth can they be lost from the washing machine back to the sock drawer. OH has so many single socks of varying colours, its untrue!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS