Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: car sharing for the festival  (Read 8705 times)

holz306

• Joined Jan 2012
car sharing for the festival
« on: February 29, 2012, 08:02:46 pm »
I thought if anyone is travelling with space in there cars to the festival, you could post in here. I will be travelling from the west coast - Isle of Skye, if anyone wants pickedup en-route.  I can also maybe help people find accommodation just around the corner from the event.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: car sharing for the festival
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:32:22 pm »
We could give a lift for up to 3, from Kilbarchan.  As long as you can put-up with a dog slobbering on your shoulder most of the way up  :innocent:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 12:35:37 pm »
Ill be coming up the m74 from abington if anybody wants a lift, was planning on going up in the van/mobile home on sat but OH is working so going myself on sunday am unless anyone else is game, :eyelashes: its got a double in back and single in front, 3 seats with belts though. not plush but workable.

Mandy

tobytoby

• Joined May 2011
  • north ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 12:48:26 pm »
Brilliant caravan site in Kirriemuir - 10mins from venue. Fortunately my friend has given me the keys -again!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 02:09:16 pm »
Brilliant caravan site in Kirriemuir - 10mins from venue. Fortunately my friend has given me the keys -again!!

Can you hire a caravan there?  I'm struggling to find anything at any kind of a sensible price. 

Alternatively, can anyone remind me of the websites that offer cheapo B&B - I don't mind using a communal loo and bathroom, I don't need anything but a bed and somewhere to have a wash really and not on a main road (can't do traffic noise, never have been able to.)

All the googling I've been able to find is xty stars and £££££ to go with.  :(

I just need a bed somewhere between Perth and Forfar for Saturday night, and somewhere not too long a drive from Forfar heading south on Sunday night.

I'm pretty close to digging out the sleeping bag and hottie, and camping in the car!  (Which I don't mind, but I may not be so nice to be next to on Sunday...  :o)

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

tobytoby

• Joined May 2011
  • north ayrshire
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 02:45:55 pm »
Sally,
I don't think so, but you can pitch a tent. Its nice and clean and has a good restuarant on site.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 03:24:28 pm »
Thanks tobytoby - but I haven't a tent, plus I think anywhere in Scotland is likely to be a mudbath at the mo, isn't it?  :gloomy:

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »
forfar was on the telly last night sweeping up mud :farmer:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 05:30:18 pm »
Thanks tobytoby - but I haven't a tent, plus I think anywhere in Scotland is likely to be a mudbath at the mo, isn't it?  :gloomy:

Might it not be worth teaming up with milly Molly, meeting someplace and then going on together in the camper?

Just a thought, not sure if the areas are right.....

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 06:06:52 pm »

I'm pretty close to digging out the sleeping bag and hottie, and camping in the car!  (Which I don't mind, but I may not be so nice to be next to on Sunday...  :o )

well that's what most of us will do.... seasoned goat showers...

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 06:30:53 pm »

I'm pretty close to digging out the sleeping bag and hottie, and camping in the car!  (Which I don't mind, but I may not be so nice to be next to on Sunday...  :o )

well that's what most of us will do.... seasoned goat showers...

This seasoned goat shower has just booked a b&b! Not because its late September and it might be cold, but more because I don't want to risk towing the caravan in the wind (forecast windy on Sunday). And camping just means taking so much extra stuff with us. Plus it means we can bring just one vehicle.

Beth

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 07:54:29 pm »
forfar was on the telly last night sweeping up mud :farmer:

It was fine when I was there today  :eyelashes:

bangbang

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 08:00:31 pm »
I thought the TAS support team would go around picking up members?  :innocent:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 08:15:29 pm »
I thought the TAS support team would go around picking up members?  :innocent:

My "picking up" days are long over  ;)

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 09:03:20 pm »
Sally looking at your location u will be passing my back door on your way up to Forfar , u are welcome to park up and share the van, single bed in front is comfy, I'm best up the back in the double bed as its well insulated, someone's renowned for snoring :innocent: , it's got sink, and cooker though not tried them out yet and a poorly positioned shower cubicle that hasn't a shower in lol, does for privacy for changing and porta potty.
Was looking at google maps and was wondering if I go up later I could just park up the back of the market, see theirs a public loo their, van just looks like a huge white van ?? What do u think??

Mandy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS