Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sososo happy  (Read 5863 times)

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
Re: sososo happy
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 09:36:52 pm »
ooh i do hope she is in kid , how will i be able to tell if she is in kid other then wating to see if she gets fat lol , i had so much fun milking them today one behaved but the other tried to bite my ear and then she sat down as if laughing at me , but i did milk her in the end  :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 12:10:03 am »
They often try it on to start with .  Once she realises you mean business, she'll probably settle and let you get on with it.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »
For your goat mated on Dec 23rd you probably should stop milking her two months before she is due to give her time to build up her body again for a new lactation. But it is good to get her into a routine and used to you, then start to dry her off over  a week's period at the end of March.

Well my kids and unmated milkers are still coming into season here, so I think your other girl may well be in-kid.

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 02:00:01 pm »
i think i did realy well with them today the togg i was adviced that i might find her hard to milk but she is being realy good consdering im a newbe she stands realy well and she gave just over 1 pint ,the other one still played up but gave more milk today nearly 2 pints but it did take me half hour to milk her as she decided to laydown smiling at me ,i do hope she will be in kid and im getting lots of experance helping some people that keep goats the only birth ive been at was one that needed help and unfortnal they lost the nanny couble days later

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 12:08:54 am »
I love milking my girl even though she dances a bit and I have to milk one side at a time so I can hold the bucket.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS