Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sososo happy  (Read 5871 times)

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
sososo happy
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:33:24 pm »
today i went and collect two new goats ,dont no how i manged the drive with out bursting out the car  ;D well ive now got two nannys ones a toggenburg that is in kid and ones a british alpine cross that might be in kid , both are milking oh i just cant belive ive got them so freindly it was hard to pull my self away from them once i got them home and in there stable but i knew i needed to let them settle and i had to go to the feed store  :thumbsup:

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: sososo happy
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:53:52 pm »
 ;D wonderful post! good luck, and where are the pics of the happy new arrivals??  :thumbsup:

Skirza

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:47:36 pm »
Congratulations  :thumbsup:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:15:43 pm »
heehee, how lovely! :thumbsup:
Little Blue

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:17:39 pm »
That's sweet!
It's a bit how I feel about mine. I can barely tear myself away.
Have fun!

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:06:58 pm »
well i dont think my other 2 goats like the new ones but on the up side im now learning to milk them first time tonight but i lost most of the milk oh well another day tomorrow just got try and not lose the milk or let the goat get her leg in it, think i wore the milk tonight , photos erm if i could find my camera first  :thumbsup:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:47 pm »
what did you milk her into?

We find a squat litre jug is less likely to get a foot & hoof in it!
And we empty it into a larger pan as we go along...
Little Blue

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 09:44:33 pm »
just my house jug , think it was more i didnt now what i was doing thank ful i had someone that did but it was funny when the milk went all over me , im going to try agin well thats obivous god think my brain going sleep tomorrow , well out of the 2 goats the british alpine cross was easyer to milk then the togg says me that had never milked until today , i didnt have anything with me to empty it in to as it was my first time im surprised i didnt drop the jug in excitment  ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »
between us ... my o/h spilt most of ou r first ever goats milk, he knocked the pan handle as it was being pasteurised!
We don't remind him!

Best of luck for tomorrow's milking gg :)
Little Blue

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 11:03:07 pm »
Hi GG
how are the 2 originals? kept meaning to ask.
Congrats on the new arrivals, looking forward to piccies, and laugh about the milk, I'm sure we've all been there, even after years it only needs the odd kick to remind us  :)
When do you think they are due?
I milk into a small 3 Ltr white plastic bucket, easy to grab out of the way.

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 11:22:12 pm »
the 2 orignals  are slowly coming to me now they will eat some times from my hand think ive got more out of them tonight when i went in to milk the other 2rosey is getting friendly she will eat from the bucket even with me holding it and she will come to the stable door to see what im doing, dim the boy well his name says it all if he can get into trople he will but i love them they make me smile every day and when im down i go into them and come out smiling i do so wish they would let me stroke them but not yet   :( ,the togg was served on dec 23 so think that makes her due in may the other one was served last weekend so dont no ive been told today that she pro wont be in kid as its the end of there sesson but i dont now as ive never kept goats until i got these 4 ,i have been helping someone with goats and helped at kidding time as well

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 12:30:04 am »
When you've got a bit more experience, you'll recognise the signs that she's going to kick.  Most of the time anyway.  I milk into a 'proper'milking bucket that my OH gave me for Christmas when I first started keeping a goat.  It now has no handle and the goat I milk now is a dancer so I milk one side at a time and hold the bucket.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:15 am »
the 2 orignals  are slowly coming to me now they will eat some times from my hand think ive got more out of them tonight when i went in to milk the other 2rosey is getting friendly she will eat from the bucket even with me holding it and she will come to the stable door to see what im doing, dim the boy well his name says it all if he can get into trople he will but i love them they make me smile every day and when im down i go into them and come out smiling i do so wish they would let me stroke them but not yet   :( ,the togg was served on dec 23 so think that makes her due in may the other one was served last weekend so dont no ive been told today that she pro wont be in kid as its the end of there sesson but i dont now as ive never kept goats until i got these 4 ,i have been helping someone with goats and helped at kidding time as well
good to know the originals are coming round, hope they get more confident when they see new girls being friendly :).
I bet we all know the bit about coming out smiling, they give me that too  :)
I don't see why she shouldn't be in kid, if she was in season, last year I was told of a goat that kidded in August, my young ones from last year are still coming in season,
Love the name Dim  ;D

grumpsgarden

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 11:28:25 am »
well ive milked my 2 new goats with no one here to help today ive got just under 2 pints wich was 1 pint from each girl i did lose some , the togg was good as gold she looked at me as if to say are u going to try milk me again but stood there britently , the other one well she looked at bite me ear to say go on then try and milk me she was a little madam and i was sure she was laughing at me but i did it , rosey was very interset in what i was doing and tried to pull there lead rope so im hoping she will come closer now  :thumbsup:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 09:17:59 pm »
I don't see why she shouldn't be in kid, if she was in season, last year I was told of a goat that kidded in August, my young ones from last year are still coming in season,

Our first kid was born 1st August
We didn't get billy-boy til January.  Better than kidding when its really cold!
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS