Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Best feel good film  (Read 8192 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Best feel good film
« on: March 28, 2009, 09:41:28 pm »
I've just watched "Mamma Mia" - saw the stage show in London a few years ago and loved it. Was prepared to pan the film but loved it too. It's such a feel-good movie.

What's your best feel-good movie?

sandy

Re: Best feel good film
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 10:13:10 pm »
Don't see many films at the moment but one that still makes me smile and dance as I have the soundtrack is Kevin and Perry go Large....I bet know one else chooses that  :) :) :)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 10:16:04 pm »
When Harry met Sally for me

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:43:41 pm »
"Cyrano de Bergerac" with Gerard Depardieu,French with subtitles. My all time fav film,fantastically acted,amazing scenery and a great tale.......Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 12:11:58 am »
Jean de florette & Manon des Sources....Good quality French cinema (not a huge amount of it about!). If you haven't watched them Mr. Ree I highly recommend them.

Morgan  :farmer:

minidax

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 07:54:29 am »
Drop Dead Fred - hilarious!!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:15:33 am »
Raising helen  (i think it's called) staring kate hudson  :bfly: :bfly: :bee:

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 10:34:10 am »
"Love - Actually"  .....and I STILL cry  :'( in all the same places and I must have seen it at least a dozen times.  Only at Christmas time though. ;)
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

DavidnChris

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 10:49:54 am »
The Green Mile - Tom Hanks
not feel good but makes hard men cry

Wellieboots

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 06:20:03 pm »
Natural Born Killers & Pulp Fiction

Nuff said

Feel good films don't have to be all pappy etc...its just what makes you feel good (innit)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 10:44:20 am »
Blues Brothers and Hair! :&>

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:38 am »
the colour purple, beeches, the princess diarys (1+2 oh yes!)

sandy

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 01:12:07 pm »
That's remeinded me of the film "the colour purple" is that with Oprah Wimphrey? if it was, I was  spellbound, I noticed I was sitting with my mouth open and perfectly still, that for me is amazing, I din't even have any sweets, nopt really a feel good film but an excellant one, I also like Tarrentino films and ususlay end up buying soundtracks, I had a college that was going to take over a job I had and I was to introduce her to my clients, I took her around in my yellow VW with Tarrentino soundrack on my surround sound CD player, she was a very attractive young girl that did martial arts and looked like she had come from a Tarrentino film with her jet black straight hair cut, needless to say she loved it!!!! buy the way, I am hetrosexual but I know an attractive person when I see one ;)

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 01:45:08 pm »
yeah Oprah and Whoopi Goldberg.... it has a feel good factor at the end when mum and kids run through the field into each others arms! makes me cry like a pathetic blob every time! ive recently brought the book but am yet to find the time to read it!  ;D

sandy

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 02:08:58 pm »
Blimey, sorry but my spelling was bad because (1) for some reason I am bad at spelling...thick? (2) I am really busy and did not check, just had a quick IT fix in my tea break, now another except no tea, (3) My glasses were in the other room and I could not be bothered to get them...tonight I may have some wine so sorry in advance.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS