Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Free time  (Read 8512 times)

sandy

Re: Free time
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 06:40:47 pm »
Slabbing, last time I did that I trapped a few fingers!!!!! I too love doing rough stuff but as I said, I get stuck inside doing cleaning things, when I put my glasses on I see dust, cobwebs, finger prints, scratches...so.......I leave them off when I want to relax ;D

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 07:29:09 pm »
Reading, pottering in the garden... browsing the internet...preparing stuff for the occasional craft stall. If I'm particularly bogged down with work (proper work!) I find I watch a lot of mind-numbing TV in the evening.! It stops me thinking too much but saps my energy at the same time ... not good! I very much look forward to the long, light evenings so that I can get outside and do something constructive.

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 11:25:02 pm »
I'm about to take a month off from running a smallholding for a landowner.... I'm going to another commercial farm to lamb 1100 ewes

I'm a glutton for punishment

in the evenings I read a lot... IACS forms SFP forms defra rule changes cross compliance literarture....

My wife says I'm Boring.... I'm not sure why...
Ian

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 11:55:56 pm »
Free time.... not sure what that is!

Really in all honesty, the goats are techically my hobby. The bit I enjoy most though is showing, I love spending time with them at shows- although its hard work getting ready and packed etc to go to a show.

I enjoy pottering around in the garden, growing things, walking the dogs and would rather be outside than in. However, I do like some tv shows, any property shows especially Grand Designs, but also things like ER, Mash, Survivors (original series), Frasier, Angel. I like some computer games, but rarely take the time to play them. Oh and I really enjoy watching Formula 1- hope to get to a Grand Prix again this year.

Reading again I love, and can get through 2 or 3 books a day, but I just don't get the time. The OH believes I don't actually read books and just look at each page I read so quickly. I browse this forum, and F1 one, and also an Autograss racing forum. I also run and maintain a website and forum (which is hardly used) for the Scottish Goatkeepers Federation.

Beth

Wellieboots

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 09:25:20 am »
mountain biking, building custom motorbikes, foraging, fell running, climbing & generally doing anything that gives me a huge adreneline buzz to go with the buzz of growing me own stuff & farming a few sheep, pigs, chickens etc.
Luckly I work part time (now also getting paid more than when I was full time??!) so long weekend for me every week - huzzah!! ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS