Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jade Goody  (Read 10786 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Jade Goody
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:03:15 am »
I read in this mornings paper that Jade Goody has died. I was never a fan of this young lady but can't felp but feel moved by the tragic events in her very public life over the last few months. If the publicity, as she said, was for her childrens sake then I agree she did the right thing. Having read what a miserable start she had to her own life you can't blame her for trying to better that of her kids. Do you think she was right or wrong for flaunting her suffering in order to earn money?

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Jade Goody
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:19:41 am »
I too am very sadden at the death of Jade, its terrible that such a young mother has lost her life. What she has done for her children is something they will always remember and come to understand her reasons as they grow older. As a mother and grandmother , you never stop worrying or wanting the best for your children . Being in the public eye when you are so ill could not have been easy. Working for the NHS I for one know that many young women have now had smear test. If this has helped to save even one life then what she has put herself through must be worth it. I have seen people pass away due to cancer, some still young with children and it is heart breaking for all the family. Whatever you think of Jade's life in the last few weeks she thought of her sons and others and for that I thank her. May she now rest in peace.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:48:16 am »
IMHO Jade died through her own stupidity,she didn't go to the docs when she should have (or so I have heard) and her disease was entirely preventable if caught early enough. It's just such a shame she bred before she died,maybe a postumous Darwin Award?  Bring back eugenics and enforced sterilization I say..... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 09:54:14 am »
Its always sad when a life ends, even more so when it is premature.  My thoughts are with her family.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:24:12 am by Hilarysmum »

DavidnChris

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 11:18:04 am »
IMHO Jade died through her own stupidity,she didn't go to the docs when she should have (or so I have heard) and her disease was entirely preventable if caught early enough. It's just such a shame she bred before she died,maybe a postumous Darwin Award?  Bring back eugenics and enforced sterilization I say..... Ree

The variation in other peoples views never ceases to amaze me.
IMHO Jade was exploited by the media, she has exploited them back. Would any of us, in all honesty, given the chance, not have taken the chance to provide a lump of cash for our family on our death.
Not many of us in this life get a chance to change things for the better, in a strange way Jade has done so. By raising awareness amongst younger women.
At least the media can't get at her now.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:36:40 am »
A young woman has lost her life, irregardless of why it happened and now a young family grieve for their mum.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 11:40:55 am »

That seems very hard on her.  Yes, she was an ostrich but how many of us are?  Do you rush to the doctor when you had the first indications of any health problems?  She had a bad start in life, but managed to gain this publicity and it has done a lot of good.  It has encouraged other young women not to ignore their health and it has provided security for her own children She has surely mitigated her stupidity, and no-one has the right to say who or who may not have children. IMHO
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 11:56:15 am »
You're wrong on that one Ree, and just a wee bit heartless - c'mon ?
She did go to have it checked - she'd been in hospital a few times, had her smear tests etc..................but who knows ?
I know she's like marmite (either love or hate her) and people have very strong opinions on her - that's fair enough, the media made her and people feel they have a right to comment.

BUT

NO ONE DESERVES TO GET CANCER !!!  :'(

Lets not forget, at the end of the day this was a young mum, with 2 boys who did her best to provide for their future in her last few months while battling with bad health and has raised the profile of cervical cancer in young people.
I'm not preaching, or mud slinging..........just thinking how I'd feel if it was me, my sister, friends etc.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 12:41:58 pm »
A definate case of marmite and I agree,no-one deserves to get cancer! Ironic that the stupidity that lead to her death has highlighted the disease and possibly saved others,but I don't think beatification is on the cards,it was a product of circumstance,not design,and I won't be sat here sympathising with her family. One child dies every 6 seconds for lack of decent water,where's the outcry over that,do you see that whilst flicking through Heat magazine?

"no-one has the right to say who or who may not have children"   Please don't play that card,every area of your life is affected by eugenics. You own gun-dogs,if it wasn't for eugenics,they'd be wolves and the chickens you eat would still be 1lb jungle fowl imported from PNG. All animals are sentient beings,and just because man has not turned eugenics onto man yet doesn't make it a wrong idea,the ethics come after that. If they discovered a gene that made people paedophiles,what would you want to do with that information? Breed it out of the population or allow them live in society,only to surface after the crime?

Right,I'm off to walk the dog I rescued from being put down because it didn't conform to the breed standard........ Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

sandy

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 12:48:26 pm »
I feel very moved by Jade, she did everything she could to better her families life, and due to her at least one of my daughters has had a smear, she also had problems in the past. Jade worked very hard to get where she did and dispite lot's of downs, she made the very most of what she could, she appeared to love being in the public eye and the attention and I think it certainly helped her deal with her last few weeks, her sons should be proud of what she has done and I only hope that her Husband will take care of them well and not blow money on drink, fast cars and women etc.......R.I.P.Jade

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 12:50:32 pm »
My four eugenically developed gundogs have all already been walked this morning, and some training done too.  My eugenically developed chickens and ducks are not for eating, instead I am happy to consume their eggs.  And I still believe you cannot dictate who does what as regards children. You are not God.
Apart from anything else Jane Goody had her children before there was any indication of her cancer.  She deserves the benefit of the doubt as to whether she was stupid or not.  I am sure you have done many stupid things in your life too, and no doubt have also been an ostrich at times.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 12:58:35 pm »
Oh dear!! Mr Ree, you do have some strong views!!! nothing wrong in that, I do too....We are strange things us humans, not sure who would make the decision who could have babies and who not, thinking about dogs and breeds, I may have not been allowed to have babies as I had a congenital dislocated hip, so a VERY high hip score, my children are fine though, I also knew lot's of nurses,my mum included as well as intellectuals that chose to ignore the signs they had of cancer that could have been cured. Man people ignore things they should do, I do all the time, I suppose I am killing myself by eating too much and often drinking too much,some people smoke, drive dangerously, take up risky sports etc etc. I have strong views about not playing god but we do have to eat so I don't mind killing for food.  :-X

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 02:07:44 pm »
  I didn't for one moment imply I was a god (although if there's a god of chocolate,I'll fight you for the title) I merely imlpied that genetics,however distasteful to the uniformed mind,Crufts lovers and consumers of crops have a part to play in the modern world. If one has a tool to use that could improve life,why not use it?! Stringent guide lines and ethics committees would be as equally important as the tools used.

My main problem with this Jade Goody thing is that she's being venerated and put on a pedestal.Agreed Sandy,people do the stupidest things,each to their own,tolerance is a mainstay of my psyche.And as you say,we have to eat,so eugenics is ok in that case,why not in human terms though,I'd rather live my life without stupid people around me,drunk drivers,drugged up doctors,arms dealers.

She was a Z-list celebrity (I use that term loosely),for she was only famous because of a reality program and the subsequent vilification of the press,who now have U-turned and are almost deifying her. Why aren't we discussing the death of George at number 43 who smoked and drank all his life and died from a heart attack last week? You see the hypocracy,this is the crux of the matter. If you want sympathy,it's in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis....... Ree

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 03:49:30 pm »
i can't stand Jade Goody - but i do feel sorry for anyone who loses their life so young and cruelly and who leaves a young family behind (though IMO the kids might just have a better upbringing without her than with her!!)

i guess, it's not so much Jade i don't  like though, but the way she courted fame for fames sake, not because of talent or something to share with the world, but jsut because she wanted fame and money and didn't fancy working for a living.

i think it's great that someone has improved awareness of the illness and it's causes - even if it's someone that makes me turn the telly over whenever she appears on it.

yeah, it's great she has spent a few months providing a future for her children, but then again, the children are 4/5 years old - she's had 4/5 years in the limelight to provide for their future. maybe it wasn't such a priority for her then.

IMo she represents so much that is wrong in our society today, and having witnessed close family and friends die of cancer and not recieve the easy ride and hand outs that she has, i feel quite a bit of resentment towards her (and society in general for their response to jade but not to your average Joe in the street)

i just home the odious toley of a publicist Max Clifford doesn't try selling off "the kids" go to school, "the kids" in school play, "the kids" one year on, "the kids" Hello mag exclusive etc

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2009, 03:53:18 pm »
I'm sure he will.  He's in it for the money definitely

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS