Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Can anybody recommend a Vacuum Sealing Machine  (Read 2668 times)

Mel

Can anybody recommend a Vacuum Sealing Machine
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:23:07 pm »
  Hi :wave: I always ask here first! Can anybody kindly recommend a vacuum sealer for my hams,sausages etc,I do not wish to go overboard,however,I would like something which is going to do the job and hopefully last?!

Thanks ever so much
Melx
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:12:33 pm by leghorn »

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
Re: Cam anybody recommend a Vacuum Sealing Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 01:09:35 pm »
What sort of quantities do you want to put through it in one session  ?

What size pack are you after ? .  There is or was a small commercial one on ebay yesterday  .

If it is just small packs of home kitchen things,  I have had a Biffinet one from Aldi ( available elsewhere ) which is four years old .

With the sized bags I use It's OK for about 8 standard  sausages or  2 fair sized chops ...... , 3/4 pound of sliced meat with gravy  ...... , 1 & 1/2 pints of liquids ......., mince  or  stew  & curries etc.
 Gold foil backed display bags are available , so are bigger bags or you can buy the embossed tube on a roll and cut it to size as long as it is using their  300 mm wide tubing .

I buy the bags as embossed ones as the tiny embossed criss crosses inside  of the bag allow better air evacuation.  They are  from a company called .... fresherpack .co.uk  , they also supply the thin anti stick tapes that cover the sealing wire on the Biffinet .
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:19:43 pm by Plantoid »
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Pocagranja

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Raiguero Bajo, Murcia, Spain
Re: Can anybody recommend a Vacuum Sealing Machine
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:26:37 am »
Hi, I have a JML Food Sealer machine which I bought off Amazon.co.uk, free delivery, they also sell all the bags & rolls. 
I use mine to freeze meat & the larger roll of plastic can fit a leg of lamb joint in about 2kgs.  I bought a pack of the ready cut bags to freeze smaller cuts, sausages, mince Etc.  Its great to stop any freezer burn & keeps the meat fresher longer.
The cheaper machines tend not to be as strong & you can have problems with sealing strong bags, the JML is great for home use for a Smallholder.
Hope this helps? :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS