Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Two Pea-hens for sale, Stirlingshire  (Read 8506 times)

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Two Pea-hens for sale, Stirlingshire
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 12:30:11 pm »
I love the sound of peacocks and would love to have them. Sadly, too far away. We're about 10 miles from Paignton zoo where loads of their pea fowl had to be destroyed because someone came from, London I think, and complained to the local council about the noise  >:( >:( They found themselves very unpopular and didn't stay long ::)
If anyone has peacock feathers small and large, I will willingly pay you for them. :)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29:35 am »
Sylvia, I have plenty of feathers, both green and white, which you're welcome to have. If you PM me your address, I'll put some in the post to you. I don't want any money for them, but if you were to donate the postage cost to charity, that whould be a nice gesture.

Cheers!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:27 am »
would love to but your pea hens but we have been there before, we had 2 hens and a peacock, hens got killed by fox so hector could not stand being without his girls, he committed harry carry by fling in front of a bus needless to say he was quite mangled :o

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 11:26:38 am »
I'll swap you for a Weaner Lill!  ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 11:31:11 am »
would need to be with a peacock ;) :farmer:

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 12:34:21 pm »

No problem Robert, I'll have peacocks available in the spring for a modest charge, still in their original calcium-based wrapping. 

Of course I won't be able to guarantee their sex, but since just about everything else we've hatched in the past year has turned out to be a bloke......

prindeal

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 05:49:08 pm »
Hi, I have been reading with interest the conversations re your two girls. I have been looking for a pair in the Yorkshire area with no luck.
The treck to Stirlingdhire has been off putting.
But as I have their mate selected I should make the effort.... Can we do anything on the price?

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 07:28:43 pm »
Hi do you have them available every year..I'm in Stirling every week and don't mind the noise at all but might be moving soon so wouldn't be fair on them.  When I get settled though I'd love to take some on with a male also.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS