Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi All Advice Reqired (newbie)  (Read 9295 times)

vandamiam

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Hi All Advice Reqired (newbie)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 06:56:59 am »
Well ust an update. We have decided that the piece of land was not the best start off option as it involved a very lot of muck shifting just to get started. We have our eye on a couple of fields for sale. The area is much too large (14 acres) but the vendor isnt wanting to split the two fields. So we have prety much decided to go the whole HOG and develope a buisness plan and go for planning to put a twin unit mobile or log home on the land and do it propper full time (for me anyway) my wife will still run her shop.
I think the small field might have the potential to be planted in willow for long term fuel use as its about 4.5 acres but about 1 acre is boggy.
The big field we will subdivide into smaller paddock type enclosures for the differing stock/activities pluss this alows for rotation. The plan is to leave about 2 acres which we can get ploughed and put into food vegies taters and carrots and the like plus my polly tunnel/s.
Well thats the plan. Think ill go to church and pray for more hours in the day tho.

ta ta
Martin :farmer:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 07:48:07 am »
Thats really good news, good luck hope it all goes through ok.   :D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 09:13:40 pm »
Good luck! We'll look forward to hearing all about it.

vandamiam

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 09:41:16 pm »
HI yawl
Well we put in a householder inquiery form in to the planning dept about the twin unit  we have been unnoficially told no chance but im not having that. We have in fife last year had a travelling site of about 10 mobile homes ( a private one at that ) been built on virgin farm land.
There was a refusal but no notice was taken of the stop notice. So in the end the council gave the required permission.
So that means there is a planning president and im going for it.
Will keep posted
 ta ta
martin :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 01:33:46 pm »
Well done - keep those planners on the run. :farmer:

I'm trying the same tactics with a plot I have in Aberdeenshire.  Precedent set in village less than 2 miles away to double the number of homes and extend the village boundary, but a restriction in hamlet  of 20% of current stock of housing - mine is a gap site so I'm not having that. My architect and lawyer are on the case.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

vandamiam

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 08:13:08 pm »
We all got to assert ourselves Doganjo.
part of their reasoning for permission in the end was that travelers are equivelant to an ethnic minority and as such they need a site so that they can rest up before travelling on.
Well I do believe that there might just be more travelling folk in the UK than there are smallholders so therefore do small holders fit into an ethnic(way of life ) minority.
I wondered if irt came down to throwing punches at the end, that i may try the being descriminated against ploy ie. one way of life being favoured over another way of life. It must be an "ism" of some kind.

Up the Workers
ta ta
Martin :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 10:19:52 pm »
Well, I have to admit to a bit of capitalism here - I want to sell the plot for a good chunk of money so I can re-invest down here.  But I MIGHT just buy woodland - went onto www.woodlands.co.uk as I saw one of their signs the other day and am very tempted!  Not quite sure what I'd do with it mind except train my dogs on it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

vandamiam

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 07:29:45 am »
Hi I have looked at that as well but you have to enter into a binding covenant when you buy a plot. This is a bit restrictive. But have a look at a company called SVA auctions they sell off tracts of land and property from main utility companies. Sometimes for an absolute snip.
regards Martin :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 12:04:27 am »
Yes, I looked at the covenant - didn't look particularly onerous.  I think I'd be too scared to bid at an auction.  couldn't see any guide prices on their website either.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS