Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Road safety rant  (Read 9770 times)

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Road safety rant
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »
So why do cyclists like to go around at night almost invisble and with silly tiny cycle lights...and WHY when we riders have to nod and wave like idiots to every other road user despite controlling 1ton of unpredictable live blood and muscle,do cyclist speed up,behind,and passed you like silent cheetahs without a word or any ackowledgement  that there are other users on the road

robert waddell

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33:51 pm »
cyclists are in a world of there own   one night coming home with the tractor a cyclist was up ahead he kept looking round and trying to speed up  i passed him with plenty of space looked in the mirrors no cyclist  no wonder i could not see him he was holding on to the hydraulic arms of the tractor a quick jab on the brakes and he was not a happy Bunnie
many years ago there was a cyclists caught on the m9  he got of with it claiming it was safer cycling on the hard shoulder in dense fog than cycling on an a class road :farmer:

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 08:15:36 pm »
As a horse rider I found that the most considerate road users were motorcyclists.  Perhaps they knew about the dangers of falling off.

Have to agree about cyclists silently creeping up behind 700kg of spook waiting to happen.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 02:06:05 pm »
As a horse rider I found that the most considerate road users were motorcyclists.  Perhaps they knew about the dangers of falling off.

Have to agree about cyclists silently creeping up behind 700kg of spook waiting to happen.

Another vote for Motorcyclists ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS