Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Good deed for the day  (Read 7716 times)

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Good deed for the day
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 11:56:24 am »
I gave away some sausages, spicy cumberland and jalepeno flavours. Part of my try before you buy scheme.Once they are addicted to these beauties the prices goes up.

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 08:44:33 pm »
By good deed - can animals be included  ;) ?

Two of my non-productive sows were given a supper of yogurt and sugar puffs (they're off on their final journey tomorrow to reappear as sausages !)

Cheers

Gavin

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 06:42:14 am »
I fed Hilary.  Got to be worth a couple of brownie points

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 07:21:14 pm »
I potted on 144 tomato plants that were screaming to get out of their communal pots ... didn't shout at them AND (hopefully) didn't kill them!
I also did the neighbours a favour and necked the cockrels!(Quietly).
  :'(:chook: :chook: :chook: :'(

sandy

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 11:08:14 am »
Well, t's stil morninbg and Ben (dog)has done his good deed for the day, my chickens were trampling on my daffodils as the gate to thier garden had blown opendue to the wind, I shouted Ben and he just gently went up to where they were and they  :chook:[move] :chook:[move] :chook:[/move][/move]ran back to thier home, this happended again so now have tied up the gate...good boy Ben...Stev will not be happy as they trampled on a few flowers, they are now in a vase....ops :-X

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 08:08:26 am »
Just over a year ago I fell one morning, flat on my back, while I was letting the ducks out. At the time I thought nothing of it but eventually developed pain in my right knee. After the Dr giving me various pain killers I was sent for an MRI scan where it was discovered I had torn my cartilege on the knee. I was asked if I had fallen or had an explanation but couldn't think of one, later on someone reminded me of the fall. Well after months of agony I had to get surgery on that knee. So, I am always now warey when I go on beside the ducks after it's been raining.

This morning when I went to let them out did I not fall again, so my good deed for the day was not to strangle the buggers!!! Not their fault, they carried on without a care in the world. No laughing now!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:25:45 am by jameslindsay »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 02:37:05 pm »
You're not the only daft one on here ;) ;D ;D

A year past November, being very proud of having built my own house, i was showing my cousin round and not realising it had become very frosty after she had arrived I went out to the decking to trigger the PIR so they could see it in all its glory.  Down I went and have suffered for it since when it is wet and cold.  Talk about pride coming before a fall!  It sure did in my case.  Silly old woman!   :o :o  No good deed involved except not bothering A & E with it although with hindsight I maybe should have ::)

OK you can all laugh now ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS