Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Good deed for the day  (Read 7715 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Good deed for the day
« on: March 16, 2009, 12:55:18 pm »
This morning this lady came running after me while I was out a walk with the 3 dogs (cocker spaniels). She wanted to know where I had got them from as she was desperate to get another cocker following the death of her own last year and who has just retired. I put her onto the breeder I got 2 of mine from and explained that the current litter had been sold but she may be looking to re home one of her older girls. Well, the lady contacted the breeder and was indeed offered one of the 3 yr old girls, so now a happy lady.

So, what was your good deed for the day?

James :dog:

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Good deed for the day
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 06:52:09 pm »
I'm ashamed to say that I can't think of one ..... I will try much harder tomorrow. The world would be a much nicer place if we all tried to do one nice thing each day!
Thanks for the prompt James!

Rhyan & Melissa

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 08:42:17 pm »
Ate all of Mels chocolate to save her from the calories!!!!
 ;D
Rhyan & Melissa

Pea Pod Burgundy Ltd

Blog:      www.peapodburgundy.blogspot.com/
Twitter:   www.twitter.com/peapodburgundy
Web:      www.peapodburgundy.co.uk

You can also find us on Facebook and Myspace!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:51:23 pm »
Ha ha ha, it has to be done. :)

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:54:41 pm »
I spent an hour or so in the very early hours of this morning evaluating and providing constructive criticism on a young lad's photographs to encourage him to improve and keep learning... does that count? The alternative would be "I didn't shout at anyone." :)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:59:38 pm »
Well done you! You will get your reward one day ha ha

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 09:07:09 pm »
Made OH an early morning cup of hot water as he couln't have tea due to fasting blood test.  Good job he has a sense of humour!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:32:38 pm »
I represented my neighbours at a Community Council meeting to persuade them to set up an Open meeting about these blasted trains running through the night to add to the pile of coal at Longannet.  I am so tired just now from lack of sleep that i fell asleep this afternoon for about an hour while the dogs trashed my sitting room and the cats scratched up a carpet.  I didn't kill them. Does that count?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:40:12 pm »
did you shout at them?

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 09:46:10 pm »
ok so now I am praying nobody I know reads this. An old lady in the village rang a few weeks ago to place a regular order for eggs which I deliver to her as she cant walk to the cottage. I always stay for a cup of tea and a chat. today was no different only as she led me into her conservatory to show me the plant which I had given her last week (she was a bit down last week and I thought it would cheer her up), she also stopped to show me a dozen runner beans and a dozen broad beans which apparently she is bringing on for me. Fabulous I replied not daring to tell her about the 3 dozen runner beans I have coming on in the polytunnel let alone the 2 dozen broard beans I currently have for sale in a tray at the cottage gate!!!!!  :D :D
juliag

sandy

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 10:14:38 pm »
Drove a guest down to the path to Gartmorn Dam as I tried for ages to get a good map printed out!!! He wants to go for a walk, last week I drove another guest there too....otherwise...today I spoke to my ex (15 years ago)for ages on the phone  while he told me his problems and had to hurry him up due to several guests arriving, well, all those years of him not listening to me....ha ha ;D a bit of a good deed

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 12:25:44 am »
did you shout at them?

Yes, I bliddy DID! and I led them by the ears to their kennels :-)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 12:31:25 am »
Ah... so you kindly reminded them where they lived. That's definitely a good deed!  ;D

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 09:14:07 am »
my sisters car went bang a couple of weeks ago so i drove her to b+q and homebase last night so she could get growbags and compost and my good deed for next week will be adding her to the insurance so she can use the car when she wants! aernt i a lovley brother! oh and add to that ive almost finnished the cat bed ive been making for her cats! oh and a sort of good deed that went wrong was telling my friend some of their dvd's dont work....... her 6 year old over heard me and cryed for quite a long time as they are his dvd's! oops!  ;D

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 11:21:14 am »
I have not shouted or vented my anger at anyone today.

It is still early, but so far so good.

OK, i haven't actually seen anyone all day - except the dog. But i'm taking it as a good sign!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS