Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Highland pony youngstock and formerly ridden ponies - winter project?  (Read 8160 times)

princesspiggy

Re: Highland pony youngstock and formerly ridden ponies - winter project?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 10:01:30 pm »
Anyway, I'm sorry I put my ad up, please consider it withdrawn.

poor you ellied, if that was my ponies advertised and i got a response like that i would be in tears for a week. highlands are wonderful, mine have worked in forestry pulling timber etc and even pulling kids on sledge in snow. they are wonderful a rare breed....and economic to keep so if anything natives should be more popular than tb's in this climate.
have a big hug ellied  :love: :love: :-* :love: :love:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Highland pony youngstock and formerly ridden ponies - winter project?
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 09:36:44 am »
Yeah, hugs from me too. It must be really difficult - your ponies are lovely and well worth what you are asking IMHO. I hope you manage to get some buyers soon who will appreciate them. But I can understand why buyers are thin on the ground. I wouldn't buy a pony just now as I would be afraid that I'd have to give it up and not by choice, if something went wrong.

I've never worked out how much Smokey costs me to keep - when he was in livery, I calculated it cost about £3000 a year. Now it's much less, partly because I only have him insured third party, fire and theft, so if the vet suggests taking him to the vet college, I'm afraid he's hound food - and partly because he's on our grass and that's "free".

The Highland Pony Society has a for sale board and have you tried "Native Pony" magazine?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS