Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any other Ryeland owners here please?  (Read 17600 times)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Re: Any other Ryeland owners here please?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 09:33:37 pm »
Hi
Flock names Penybont (white) and Ystwyth (coloured)
Karen
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 09:42:04 pm »
Hi again
Just thought, am member of the Ryeland flock book society and Coloured Ryeland Group.
Karen
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 08:02:36 am »
Me, too. And the Northern Ryeland Breeders' Group - I've never been a member of so many groups!

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 02:01:43 pm »
I usually take some sort of stock to the annual Ryeland show & sale at Ludlow always held on the Saturday of the August Bank holiday weekend. Sadly cancelled last year because of foot & mouth and this year we can't really take anything because of the Bluetongue as we are supposedly in a clear area in Mid Wales and if any of the animals don't sell, we can't bring them back, which would break my heart.
Karen

Rosey

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Lincolnshire UK
    • UKNaturepics.com
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 08:40:30 pm »
Hi everyone,

Sorry been away from accidental smallholder for AGES, too much work. After having a difficult lambing season, I have decided to put my ryelands to either a beltex or easycare this year. One of my ewes is going to be sent for meat and the others look very healthy. I have vaccinated for bluetongue and just vaccinated the lamb for pulpy kidney, as my friend lost a couple of lambs to it and vaccinated the rest.

I am now looking to get some more stewardship land and buy some more sheep, maybe badgers or some more ryelands.

Ooh been working at Bransby horses home and brought my work home... in the form of Tinker, a serverely overweight riggy shetland cross exmoor.  Nobody else wanted him for re-homing but he has been perfect since he came home and I am now working with hime everyday.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 08:57:48 pm »
Sounds like you've been having an interesting summer.

Can we see some pics of Tinker? He sounds VERY interesting! Is he big enough to ride or is he going to have a driving / working career?

Rosey

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Lincolnshire UK
    • UKNaturepics.com
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 11:18:21 am »
Hi Rosemary,
I will try to upload a picture but it never works with me How do you do it? He is only 10 hands but has huge shoulders and neck, Holly and I have started to back him but he will make a brilliant driving pony so that will be next.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 04:26:30 pm »
Hi Rosey

Dan says the instructions for putting on a photo are here

http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php/topic,461.msg3629.html#msg3629

If this doesn't work, email Dan@accidentalsmallholder.net

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS