Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fergus  (Read 5422 times)

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
Re: Fergus
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 10:36:30 pm »
He is absolutely fabulous,  don't know the first thing about needle felting but you have obviously got a real talent. Thanks for showing us all, you must feel mighty proud of him  :thumbsup:

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
  • "Possibilities and miracles mean the same thing"
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 10:14:29 am »

....Thankyou to everyone for your positive replies :) -some projects work better than others and Fergus seems to have been one that appeals well!! :goat:

Miss Piggy :wave: --- I have had no instuction on how to "needle felt" only what I have seen off  "the web".

It is easy to do .......and  you can make virtually anything -- I reckon a pig would be fairly straight forward! :pig:

.... go on try it! I`m sure you will be surprised at what you can do .

looking forward to see other needle felting projects on here.....

Tilly  :wave:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 05:46:04 pm »
Tilly,
I think he is really lovely. You have definitely got a talent there.

I have recently started doing some needle felting after seeing Kirstie doing it on the TV last week.  Mine is very simple stuff though, nothing like yours.  I am just using felt as the base and basically felting another bit of felt on top of that.  What base do you use?
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 06:08:38 pm »

Hi Bionic  :wave:
Hope your project is coming together....it does not matter what you do as long as you enjoy doing it! ;D .
The base is exactly the same as what you see on the top- all just solid wool!

When I first started the needlefelting ......I found it difficult to conceive ???  how" plain fluffy fleece" can be transformed into a solid mass by stabbing it with a needle! and even more amazing and almost magical ,from that point how the dense solid mass of  wool can then be moulded into a form  e.g-- -but some how it just works...

Tilly  :wave:

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 08:51:28 pm »
.....and I want him too.......very very clever.   :trophy:

How come my needlefelting aminals all look likes crosses between sheep/donkeys and frogs  ??? ??? in other words......completely unidentifiable. :-\ :-\

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 05:26:02 pm »

....oh Blinkers  :bouquet:-- I`m trying to visualize your felted creature........... :horse::goat::sheep: X :dog:  :o  ;D

Well if you just put some eyes on--- that will bring it to" life" and you can tell everyone it is a new species of animal !!  ;D :D ;

"Bless you" Tilly  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS