Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: more knitting  (Read 24701 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: more knitting
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2011, 10:57:32 am »
most probably but I want it to be simple practical stuff that doesn't cost the earth to make. I bought a lovely pattern book to buy the correct wool was going to cost me a fortune not what I had in mind

Sunnybank

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Leominster, Herefordshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2011, 02:27:18 pm »
i would buy a book of extreme patterns too x

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2011, 02:29:27 pm »
well first simple pattern is done, just need a few more.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2011, 01:37:30 pm »
I make up things as I go along and then write patterns afterwards. I know the style I want so it should be plain sailing. I have just been asked to exhibit at a show for 3 months so my head is all of a tizz at the moment

Well done.  I'm sure it will go well judging by your lovely photos.
I am going to start and write down stuff for patterns for the extreme knitting as it is simple and quick which makes it addictive

I'll buy a book as well.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2011, 01:58:10 pm »
May take a little while to put together but I will try to get enough together for a book (but can't afford to publish it)

Sunnybank

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Leominster, Herefordshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2011, 08:43:42 pm »
how about selling extreme patterns as a download, sure they would be popular. a basic scarf or rug and i would buy one x

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 09:05:28 pm »
OK I'll write a couple down tomorrow and make them available on my website very soon

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2011, 10:07:21 pm »
May take a little while to put together but I will try to get enough together for a book (but can't afford to publish it)

Try lulu.com.  They do print on demand.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2011, 06:01:54 am »
I will keep it in mind but at the moment I will do a few single patterns, I have most of my effort put into this exhibition as it is for 3 months and I have to make sure I have enough items as this maybe the push my little business needs to get off the ground properly

Rich/Jan

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 08:35:15 am »
Ellisr, I noticed the time you posted this morning.  You are an early bird.  Do you start knitting as soon as you get up or do you knit in bed or even in your sleep.  You seem to get so much done - could you send me some of your energy please.  My eyes dont even focus at that time in the morning.  I have just finished the scarf you advised me on, with putting two colour yarns together to get a chunky wool, and had enough for a hat as well.  I have been trying to find a knitting pattern for a loose beret-type hat but so far no luck and I am no good at making up patterns.  Have looked on the net but no luck - do you know of any books that advise on making up patterns.  I suppose I would always try and buy one and take it apart to work out the stitches, method etc.  Bit drastic though ::) ::) :thumbsup:Many thanks - Jan

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2011, 09:18:57 am »
Ravelry is good for patterns for hats etc, I have a pattern somewhere for that type of hat but if I remember rightly it has a peak at the front I'll try and find it under all my stuff I have just made.
I wasn't knitting at that time in the morning I was promoting things and putting paperwork together for the exhibition and drawing new designs I want to try, all because I couldn't sleep. I normally get up at 4.30 on a work day so maybe it was just my body getting revenge on me but I've done the animals so I'm going to pop my feet up and do another couple of cushion covers before lunch and then online to see if I can find some nice wools for jackets.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2011, 01:16:43 pm »
You are obviously a lark, not an owl.  My natural waking up time is around 9am but I rarely get to bed before midnight.  Last night it was 2am.  Wish I was a lark.  I seem to being missing all the sunshine at the moment.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »
A make from last night, it is so warm and cuddly

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2012, 12:44:05 pm »
Did you really knit that in just one evening?  Its lovely.

My boiler has been out of order for a week so no central heating  :(

Your shawl looks just the thing to keep me warm when I am watching the TV  ;D
Sally

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2012, 02:39:41 pm »
Sally yes I knit that yesterday evening and the pattern is just from my head.
I have just been and got some more wool with a touch of mohair to make another with that special touch.

I had the red one on this morning to check for fit and that it lay properly (we had no heating on) and OH had to prize it off me as it was amazingly warm and snuggie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS