Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Central Scotland Smallholders  (Read 11975 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Central Scotland Smallholders
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:00:16 pm »
Tomorrow evening 7.30, Mayfield Centre, Stirling - Rare Breeds Survival Trust talk, coffee and biccies, calendars for sale.  All welcome
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

robert waddell

Re: Central Scotland Smallholders
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 11:06:13 pm »
i was begining to thing i was going dowally with no posting about this meeting until now :thumbsup: :farmer:

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:15:54 pm »
Annie, I'm not going to make it  :( Thought it was a daytime thing (brain freeze moment !) - it clashes with Brownies and I can't let them down (wasn't there last week cos of the knee thing) I'm still waiting for pork from the butcher too, but will get a run up to see you once it's ready.
Take care & please send my apologies to everyone  :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:15:11 am »
i was begining to thing i was going dowally with no posting about this meeting until now :thumbsup: :farmer:
It's on our Facebook page too, Robert - has been for weeks, AND on our own website as it is at the moment.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:19:16 am »
Annie, I'm not going to make it  :( Thought it was a daytime thing (brain freeze moment !) - it clashes with Brownies and I can't let them down (wasn't there last week cos of the knee thing) I'm still waiting for pork from the butcher too, but will get a run up to see you once it's ready.
Take care & please send my apologies to everyone  :wave:
Sorry you can't make it, Karen.  Our winter meetings are always in the evening. ;D  Don't worry about the pork - still got some in freezer.  Just let me know when you're coming.  Could maybe meet you somewhere, to save you coming all this way?

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 08:17:23 am »
I won't make it - I just don't do driving in the dark except in absolute necessity so haven't/won't make any meetings through the winter which is quite sad as I joined to meet folks but there it is ::)

If there is a way of proposing either alternate evening/daylight meetings or even just one daytime one occasionally then could I ask that the idea goes forward please?  If it doesn't work for anyone else and other members are happy to come out on a dark cold/wet night that's fine but is it possible to ask anyway?  At this rate I'll have been a member for a whole year and never been ::)

Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 11:12:20 am »
We have only had daytime and weekend meetings in the summer months until now, Ellie, but I'll mention this at the next Committee meeting on the 27th - does sort of make sense, especially with the turn of the weather. ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 11:17:14 am »
A lot of the calendars will be going at the meeting tonight - but I still have a few left if anyone wants them?

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 11:49:20 am »
AND on our own website as it is at the moment.

Actually, is it?  I can't see it there, as I looked the other day.  Also, is it 7pm or 7:30?

Either way, I'll see you tonight. Do bring a couple of calendars for me if you've got any spare.

Womble.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 01:13:22 pm »
The problem for me with daytime meetings in winter is that I finish doing morning chores about 11am then start feeding again at 3pm; in between, there are other outside jobs to be done. The dark evenings are fine for meetings, because I can't do anything outside anyway.

I don't like driving in the dark very much either, but a can or two of Red Bull and I'm fine  :o

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 02:45:10 pm »
7.30pm tonight, David
I have calendars for you.
Perhaps weekend meets are the answer then?

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 08:53:01 am »
Good meeting but not many there in the end. Ruth from RBST did not seem to mind and was enthusiastic and knowledgable. Evenings in the week as at present are best for us as we are generally busy during day and weekends. Maybe we could pick up/drop off if people are more or less on our route.
Simon

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 10:06:52 am »
AND on our own website as it is at the moment.

Actually, is it?  I can't see it there, as I looked the other day.  Also, is it 7pm or 7:30?

Either way, I'll see you tonight. Do bring a couple of calendars for me if you've got any spare.

Womble.
http://www.smallholders.info/future-events
That's the last meeting till the Christmas party and Secret Santa - might be at my house and if so, anyone who doesn't want to drive home can kip here - I have two double rooms and a twin room spare.  Could that be an option Ellie?

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 08:16:43 pm »
http://www.smallholders.info/future-events
That's the last meeting till the Christmas party and Secret Santa - might be at my house and if so, anyone who doesn't want to drive home can kip here - I have two double rooms and a twin room spare.  Could that be an option Ellie?

Thanks for the kind offer, but not really.. the cats and chooks go out at dawn around 7am now and the ponies are needing hay in both front and back field rings at that time too as my "evening" round is more like teatime between 4-5pm now it's dark so early ::)  I can come back later but the last 2 nights I did that there was one hen who had chosen not to go indoors and I didn't spot her til morning :o  I reckon not letting them out til mid morning they'd be starving and have a go at each other..

Anyway, I don't do Christmas so I'll just wait anyway, welding was mentioned on the events list as I recall so that might be more my daytime kind of social event ;D
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

robert waddell

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 10:31:57 pm »
is that right that welding is on the agenda :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS