Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: slapped, but not hard enough!  (Read 13266 times)

princesspiggy

Re: slapped, but not hard enough!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 05:15:05 pm »
second princess  if the original breeder identified the pig with a tattoo it is wrong to put another identifying mark on that pig       its original identity is lost and therefore cannot correlate with the pedigree papers

when i bought her - her tattoo was clear, and there was no legal requirement for pig id.
now u can hardly see it, and as its law it looks like she has no id. maybe i should ask her breeder for an eartag? we had a sheep inspection last year where all sheep were checked for eartags, so i presume they can do that for pigs now too?

robert waddell

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2011, 05:33:36 pm »
not heard of any inspections in pigs     as i said if it is pedigree it has to be tattooed for breeding and showing
if breeding only it has to be double tagged         (this is an ongoing problem that the bpa have )
with faded tattoos if you shine a torch close to the back of the ear it should show      or clean the ear and it may still be visible :farmer:

princesspiggy

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 07:24:21 pm »
[quote author=robert waddell link=topic=19531.msg187337#msg187337 date=1323020016
with faded tattoos if you shine a torch close to the back of the ear it should show      or clean the ear and it may still be visible :farmer:
[/quote]

oh... well if i get an inspection i shall let them do that...lol...rofl...sure dorothy wont mind!
shes got a hot date next week...cant wait!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS