Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cottage and one third of an acre for sale  (Read 2598 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Cottage and one third of an acre for sale
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:42:56 am »
Really need to sell as soon as possible, as the farm has been sold, and we urgently need to buy somewhere else for all our ponies to live.  Unable to do this until the cottage is sold.  If someone wants to downsize, or even consider owning a holiday cottage in the Peak District, this may be ideal.  May even consider a part ex for farmhouse with land (needs to be 10 acres, but could manage on a little less)  Preferred areas are Lancashire, Cumbria, Northumberland, Scottish Borders.  And more remote the better.  Condition of house not an issue.  Reasonable price though ;D

Cottage has not been lived in for a couple of years, so would need decorating, or could have this done if you preferred. 

Good sized unfitted kitchen, exposed old red brickwork, recess housing mains gas Rayburn, with red brick feature, and oak mantel above.  This cooks, does constant hot water, and radiators.  Fired Earth Slate flooring. No units, we had free standing cupboards in, but plenty of room for a big farmhouse table too.

Small sitting room with Red brick fireplace, fitted up with expensive steel liner, to enable coal/wood burning stove to be fitted.  We took ours with us, but all ready to connect another one.

Two bedrooms, one with useful walk in wardrobe.  Nice views over village, and to Derbyshire hills from this room.

Newly fitted bathroom.

Small front garden, parking at rear of house for two cars, plus additional parking in entrance to the small paddock, which we used for hens, and also goats until we got too many and had to move them!!  Large wooden shed on hard standing base, which we used for the goats.  Road frontage, gate from road into field.

Cottage is in terrace of 4 - edge of quarrying village, 5 minutes from Buxton town centre (famous for spa water)  Great for outdoor activities - wallking, mounting biking, riding, even have a gliding club not too far away.  Near Chatsworth, Bakewell, etc.

Best of both worlds, rural location, but near a big town for amenities - and hourly bus service passes the door, with a stop a few yards up the road.  Goes direct to Manchester airport too!!!

Village has no shops, but a primary school, and a social club with good entertainment on at weekends.  There s also a very popular motor bike club in a local quarry, and we have a very nice bowling club.

Cellar, with stone benches, and old coal hatch.  Large loft space, could be made into third bedroom and en suite as next door have done.

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
Re: Cottage and one third of an acre for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:32:12 am »
Good Luck with it Roxy,   :thumbsup:

I only wish we could afford to buy
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:42:09 pm »
Hatty, if won the lottery, I would give you the cottage and land ;D  Really would like it to go to someone who wants to use it for hens, goats, veg growing, like we did .....not build a house on it, which someone may try!!

I have had people wanting it to rent, and I would gladly do that if I did not need the money to help buy somewhere else.

People are interested in buying it, but seem to struggle to get a mortgage sadly.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 04:24:00 pm »
It sounds lovely. I do hope you get it sold soon - fingers crossed.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS