Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where to buy 2 sheep??  (Read 7866 times)

robert waddell

Re: Where to buy 2 sheep??
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 02:07:38 pm »
it is not the easiest system to get round   the only sure way is ask the officials then you can come back and say with authority what is required :farmer:

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 02:24:15 pm »
A: Customer Land Links represent the relationship between an agricultural holding and the location of fields within England. These numbers are know as County Parish Holding numbers (CPH).

2. Why are you changing my CPH?

A: We are not just changing the CPH, we are correcting your CPH numbers and linking them to the correct land.

3. Why do you need to link my land to a CPH when I use my SBI?

A: The RLR is used by many other departments within the Defra family, such as the Forestry Commission, Natural England and Animal Health. They will benefit from this updated information as they do not always use SBIs

4. What are the benefits of a CPH update to me?

A: This will benefit you, if you actually farm the land, as the land will be linked to your own CPH and not to another farmers CPH. The land links will make sure your SPS application form is pre-populated correctly, reducing the risk of penalties being applied if you do not declare all your eligible land. We will also be able to provide you with accurate maps.

Page published: 15 March 2011

We rent our acreage and house in the middle of a 300 acre estate , and when we first started with goats our landlord said we could use his holding number, which we did for the movement form, when we handed it in the next day they told us that the cph was wrong and we must apply for our own, we then aplied for our flock number from animal health and explained the situation, only to be told that we needed our own cph number because it is linked to the person not only for traceability but for movement and standstill requirements,  so our landlord can move his sheep and cattle without affecting me, and vice verse,

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 04:31:30 pm »
Your mistake, everybodypeeps, is in thinking there is a simple and/or straightforward and/or consistent answer.   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 05:05:57 pm »
what works with owning land doesn't work with renting land :P :farmer:

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:00 pm »
I rent land which has a CPH number but I also have a CPH number which is not connected to any land and which is my individual number and I have been told that when moving sheep I have to use the CPH of the land involved was told that I must or I would get a visit. clear as mud.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Southfields

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Salisbury
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 07:02:50 pm »
Your holding number links a person to that piece of land and covers a person for a 5 mile radius of the registered post code.
If you are moving them onto a friend's land or vice versa then they are officially moving and a aml1 is needed.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 09:12:33 pm »
Ah...but if the land belongs to a third party, but they have never used it, never intend to and don't have a holding no and you use it on an agreement/rental basis then you can put it down as under your holding number and just put moved to OS ref off lying field in your docs.(so long as its within the 5 mile radius!)
I found this out a while back when asking what to put in my records! With an AML1 you have to have a holding of departure and a holding of arrival!
It really is as clear as a muddy puddle at times and written by those who assume smallholders with odd and diverse bits of everyone elses land that they graze don't exist ::)
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 09:21:01 pm »
The point is that civil servants invent these systems. And civil servants' brains are not the same as the rest of us. To them, these systems are logical  :D ROFL

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 09:29:56 pm »
The point is that civil servants invent these systems. And civil servants' brains are not the same as the rest of us. To them, these systems are logical  :D ROFL
And now your mistake is in believing that the civil servants understand the rules or apply them consistently.  Don't get me started!!!!!  :D

We have hijacked funkyfish's thread on buying sheep.  Sorry, funkyfish.  There really is more to buying and owning sheep than ranting about rules and regs.  Although it can sometimes seem that way.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS