Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: feed in tariff to halve  (Read 15155 times)

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: feed in tariff to halve
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 11:07:16 am »
Just been going through some old papers and found an extract from 'The Engineer' dated 1987. It says " It is expected in the next few months, when the future of nucear power has been debated, the government will embrace wind generation" and goes on to say "by 1990 we could see the first large scale wind farms in production and the rest of the world rushing to buy the technology from Britain". Seems its taken the Government a bit longer than expected, 20 years longer!!

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 07:02:56 pm »
I see that the Government have lost their appeal!  Hurrah!

sadly, myplanning was refused, so now going with plan 2 - due date 28th February, so its getting a bit tight!

anderso

• Joined Jan 2012
  • brokenbrough
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 01:07:54 pm »
Have a look see at the news it seems the govt lost the appeal to stopping the feed in tariff for this year. just remember that the tariff changes in April. so if you can afford the panels go ahead and do it. :thumbsup:
when the revolution comes it will be a co-op

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 01:27:04 pm »
The tariff will change again in march, all installations need to be fitted by 3rd March to qualify. Be quick as they are going to take it to the supreme court of appeal http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/9038906/Huhne-pursues-Supreme-Court-appeal-over-solar-subsidy-cut.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:35:59 pm by ellisr »

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 09:25:46 am »
Woo hoo!  Very excited as I finally got my planning - installer said he can do it this weekend as its his last spot.  Preparing the site today - complete chaos! (but in a good way). Come on sunshine!  ;D

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 06:15:35 pm »
I see the Supreme Court have turned down the governments appeal!  Hurrah!  I got me 44p!  Better than a tax cut in the budget!   :thumbsup:

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 10:48:03 am »
We are going ahead with an installation in May/June as the decrease in the price of panels still makes this a good financial decision, especially since electricity prices are likely to increase in years to come. HOWEVER, our installer tells us that the FIT is going down again at the end of June. The government hasn't announced the new rate yet, but it makes sense to start generating before the next change.

ShaunP

• Joined Dec 2009
    • Timber Chalets and Lodges
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 09:55:07 pm »
Although the Goverment lost the appeal they did really win.......lots of installations where cancelled that has saved them alot of cash over the next 25 years!!! Be warned, under the new rules the houses have to be quite well insulated to get the FIT's.......if you are in an old farmhouse you will probably fail to meet the energy rating!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS