Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what would you do?  (Read 7923 times)

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
what would you do?
« on: October 03, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »
OK - so my neighbour applies for planning permission to build garages and stables and is turned down.  he amends the plans resubmits and is turned down again.  No further applications are forthcoming.

This morning I awake to a new garage block - at least three possibly four cars worth.  Should I grass him up to the council?  i am sure he has taken up some agricultural land to build.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: what would you do?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 04:02:41 pm »
Are the garages a problem to you?  If so I would definitely inform the council.

If they aren't a problem then maybe for the sake of keeping in with your neighbour I wouldn't say anything. 

However, if there is no love lost between you anyway then let the council know regardless.

Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

deepinthewoods

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 06:23:20 pm »
i would turn a blind eye,and put up your own.....

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 06:28:31 pm »
Find out who builds something that big overnight. They're worth their weight............ ;D

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 09:22:16 am »
Thanks for the replies.  Still don't know what to do.  It appears that they have indeed gone ahead without planning permission.  I don't have a problem with the garages, although I don't like people who do as they like without any regard for the law. I do have a problem with them using agricultural land to extend their "garden" as do other neighbours.  For instance they have now installed their kids trampoline right in front of a neighbours kitchen window (overlooked pastureland before), and they have "built" a raised football pitch, also on agricultural land, built a new entrance to the property (agricultural land), torn down an ancient hedge, prior to applying for planning etc etc.  When the planning was refused they were told this was not permissable, but they've just done it anyway.  The ironic thing is that jointly with this person, we bought land to prevent the previous owners from change of use! 

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 09:36:05 am »
I'd grass him up. He sounds like a total, selfish tosser.

robert waddell

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 10:20:50 am »
it looks very much like they are going to apply for retrospective planning permission (once the building work is done the council planning members come out on a bus trip deliberate on the pros and cons of the unauthorised development  depends on how many are in his favour he gets away with it )
it looks like he is playing with a stacked deck :farmer:

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:50:31 am »
Im with Rosemary,

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 11:23:56 am »
I'd dob him in too, sounds like hes taking the proverbial.
They're not pikeys by any chance, round here they buy land build a house and then put in planning, council scuppered them on their latest one by refusing them access across road to tap in sewage/drainage and electric board refused to connect them on advice from council as property has no planning or building regs!! so now they've got what i admit is a lovely house with no mains electric or sewage, they have to kip in their kezzas parked on drive & lawn tee hee!!!!
Mandy  :pig:

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:13:24 pm »
Dob him in; if you only knew the trouble i've had applying for planning for a barn down here that is desperately needed for us to lamb in. The meetings we've had and the green brigade that have objected on the stupidest reasons possible ,We applied legally and complied with everything and they still wont come to a decision.
I am so hacked off with the planning office.
These people should not be allowed to get away with this

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »
fowgill     the council cant stop them connecting into the sewer unless the sewerage works is over capacity

they also cant stop them taking occupancy of the house  they can pay for disposal of sewerage by vac tanker
feldar    if you cant beat them join them  just build and put in for retrospective planning if your building is queried :farmer:

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 03:51:40 pm »
I'm begining to wish we had now, we could of hidden it behind the wood and they wouldn't know it was there.
Trouble is now they know about it wont they come looking to see if we've done just that. They are really hot on things like this down here, one guy had to demolish a whole extension when he was caught without planning.
we will go to appeal anyway on welfare grounds

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 10:26:35 am »
Oh Robert they can stop connecting - the council own the land they have to dig thro to connect and will not give access.
Mandy  :pig:!

robert waddell

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 11:20:41 am »
no not correct they can fight it and win :farmer:

waterhouse

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 11:10:51 pm »
These people will cause you trouble if not stopped

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS