Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a book...  (Read 15194 times)

kumquat

• Joined May 2012
  • Ruthin, North Wales
Re: What a book...
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 07:38:54 am »
I did a search on Tim's book today, and WH Smith is selling it online for (if I remember rightly) £22.95 with free postage.

be careful with this.... i ordered Tim's book from WHSmiths about 4 weeks ago and they hadn't got any copies as it was being reprinted....so i cancelled the order. it may be worth checking first before placing an order
Luckily Good Life Press had a few copies left

Cheers
Proud member of the Soay Sheep Society :thumbsup:

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 08:13:35 am »
We've added WHSmith to our smallholding books section now, but as kumquat says be wary of their lead times.

We ordered Tim's book from them ages ago and after a few weeks got an email saying they couldn't fulfil the order. In the end we got it from Good Life Press direct too.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 10:15:37 am »
the Good Life Press is fab :thumbsup:
If only I had the money, I'd buy a copy of just about everythign they print!!
Little Blue

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 11:58:25 am »
Ordered Tims book from WHSmith months ago and got email this week to say they cant get it!!!  ::)

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 09:46:04 pm »
The Good Life Press do have a very few copies of the first edition left - no other retailers have any copies left.

Tim has a couple of copies left if anyone wants one signed.

A reprint is being worked on now and should be available late summer, certainly in time for the Scottish Smallholder show.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 11:41:01 am »
I ordered my copy from The Good Life Press yesterday and it came this morning!  Brilliant - hard back and cost me £31 including post/packaging.  Haven't got anything done for the last 2 hours though, can't wait until bedtime (post Famous Five Go Camping with the kids).
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 02:45:17 pm »
I ordered my copy from The Good Life Press yesterday and it came this morning!  Brilliant - hard back and cost me £31 including post/packaging.  Haven't got anything done for the last 2 hours though, can't wait until bedtime (post Famous Five Go Camping with the kids).

;D
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 04:08:53 pm »
I also love Tim's book (and the Haynes Pig Manual) even though I am just at the research and dreaming stage for sheep and pigs.

The invaluable book I have is Dave Holerread (sp?) book "The Storey Guide to keeping and Raising Ducks". Think it is a brilliant book and have read it again and again. The Duck Bible!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS