Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat's milk butter  (Read 2912 times)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Goat's milk butter
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:32:43 pm »
Now I've made butter before, but it was from double cream.  So in principle I do know what to do :(

So I've separated my milk, with my fancy Ukranian cream separator.......and all i need to do now is whip my cream......

Yes well....that's where it's all gone pear shaped ........

NO BUTTER!!!

do i need to do anything different for goats milk does anyone know?

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
Re: Goat's milk butter
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:36:14 am »
We've never got enough cream yet to try!  We to have the "fancy ukrainian thing", How is yours working? Definately a good buy for us.
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Goat's milk butter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:54:32 pm »
We've never got enough cream yet to try!  We to have the "fancy ukrainian thing", How is yours working? Definately a good buy for us.

Cofter dont be fooled, it was the teeniest wee bit of cream ...but i had to try!

anyway, finally got my butter :)  yay!  took much longer than with double cream but i now do actually have a teeny wee pat of butter....which I'm just off to try in about 5 minutes.....

will advise later on today what it tasted like....tho I'm ravenous so even the sole of somebodies shoe would be tasty right now.... ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS