Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Doh?????  (Read 13085 times)

Sandy

Re: Doh?????
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 10:17:11 am »
Thanks for that offer feldar, you never know if/when we get a camper, we could go any where??? I used to often visit the New Forest, love trees, forests and woodland.

Morri2, we were worried some one was getting into our garden and taking them, the eggs that is, last year some one took o ur apples from our new tree and I was gutted, theres loads on there now but of course not ready yet, I may have to sit in the garden with the dogs to ward them off ;)

We are going to, hopefuly buy one at the end of the season, a lot of elderly/retired people buy them as give them little useage so, we should get one that will suit our budget and needs. THe old 1972 VW that we sold, took us all over the place but we need something bigger with 4 dogs and more comfort for me, there is only so much walking around bending over all the time, I can do!!!! We are watching E Bay and local adds and theres some lovely ones out there...so, watch this space!!!!

shearling

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 10:25:39 am »
we are gettin one egg every two days from two chickens, but around an egg a day from each of the three quail. As with others in the posts ours all have their own special place to lay.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 10:40:00 am »
my hens laying abilities are terrible at the moment, so i haev got some more coming today, that might perk everyone up, it might remind my girls what they are supposed to be doing  ;) :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »
What about a smaller camper van (more affordable) and a trailer for the dogs like our esteemed CSSA chairman's? They could choose their own curtains and stuff - I'm sure they would love it, especially if it meant Mummy was happy and there were lots of new smells to investigate (and horrid dead things to retreive)  ;D

Sandy

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 05:11:51 pm »
We currently have a Renult Kangoo....I have seen them converted, but we thought way back before we actualy moved here, we would trade our hippy VW for an oldy retired persons (sorry nearly one myself) coach built one, I think 4 dogs would keep us warm and cosy at night in a large one and if needed I could attatch an awning!!! I suppose running costs are much more all round but fingers crossed, we should get one and feel a bit free er, for some very strange reason, every thing is changing in Sept, my daughters off to be together in AUss for the eldests book launch, my cousin visiting me, Steve working away, my brother having his heart re started and loads of other stuff I am not going into...we are also over full of visitors etc so we would LOVE to go off for Christmas or winter, a few miles away 50 say and just camp!!!!!! Whats the chairman got then?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2011, 07:20:01 pm »
Sandy, Stuart runs a 4 x 4 and has a trailer for the dogs - it is very common with working people.  You probably saw Charlie's one up at Mordar, it was there when Steve and I went to mate Islay the first time she had pups, and he had it next to the ring at the Game Fair last year during his demo.  But that doesn't solve the sleeping arrangements for you and Steve! ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 07:35:53 pm »
 ;D I'm a common working person but I think an old hippy rusty van more me and steve  ;D ;D If we go away in the cold weather we need them to keep us warm!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 09:37:38 pm »
;D I'm a common working person but I think an old hippy rusty van more me and steve  ;D ;D If we go away in the cold weather we need them to keep us warm!!

Yup, I think you're right.  To be honest I've never been keen on these trailer things.  A lot of the sheepdog triallers use them too.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:02 pm »
One of the things about the sheepdog trailers is that they are air-conditioned, so the dogs are cool and comfortable whatever the weather outside and however long they have to be in the trailer.  It makes a lot of sense when they are going to events where not all dogs can be out of their cars all of the time!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2011, 11:30:16 pm »
One of the things about the sheepdog trailers is that they are air-conditioned, so the dogs are cool and comfortable whatever the weather outside and however long they have to be in the trailer.  It makes a lot of sense when they are going to events where not all dogs can be out of their cars all of the time!
I didn't realise that Sally, but I'm a big softy and I'd want my dogs in with me.

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »

OMG  four amounts of dog flatulance in one van that would kill me, my collie dog has appalling wind him and hubby can stink me out in no time!!!!

Sandy

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 02:12:36 pm »
OMG  four amounts of dog flatulance in one van that would kill me, my collie dog has appalling wind him and hubby can stink me out in no time!!!!

:-[ The dogs might be thinking that!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS