Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 4 more sleeps  (Read 6074 times)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
Re: 4 more sleeps
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 02:48:27 pm »
They are amazing! So friendly and gorgeous, they have both stolen my heart already. Eating and drinking fine and loving being brushed.  I am a very happy lady  ;D

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 03:16:41 pm »
That's brilliant - it was actually quite difficult driving away yesterday - this was the first homebred goat I sold... but I am sure she will be fine... just don't let her get too cheeky!

Some headbutting and re-arrangements in my goatshed now... the remaining kid and goatling will "have" to become friends and share a pen...

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 11:57:01 am »
I'll keep you posted on her Anke so don't worry.  They are doing fine, settling in well and only a little headbutting going on.  They are both very vocal and I'm sure they'll be happier once in their field and when the barn is finished (both hopefully in next week).  The kids love them so they may end up a little spoiled for affection but thats better than the other way around I guess.
Melanie

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 01:02:22 pm »
Good - I am certain they will be ok. My girls often disappear into the goat field and brush my big BT girl in particular, they (goats and girls) love it.

I found that when I bought my first two goats (nanny and her female kid) they were shouting all the time... then goat No 3 arrived and peace and calm was restored... don't know if that's common, but all of mine came from quite big herds, so maybe just what they were used to... (and goats are very good at getting your attention!)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 12:33:01 pm »
I'm a newbie so still looking thru older posts -
Congrats on your new 'family' it's just a year since I 'got back into' goats after many years, how did I manage without those wonderful characters, funny faces and welcoming bleats - I love them! ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS