Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 4 more sleeps  (Read 6073 times)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
4 more sleeps
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:13:45 pm »
This weekend I will become the proud new mum to 2 goats thanks to Anke and Ballingall.  Busy getting everything sorted out and am excited and anxious at the same time as I want the move to be a happy one all round.  Can't wait though and I'm now counting - 4 more sleeps  ;D ;D :goat: :goat: ;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: 4 more sleeps
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:12:58 pm »
I am sure it will be fine - so long as goats have food, they quickly get into their new routine!!

What goats are they?

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 09:31:36 am »
Hi Melanie, yes getting everything ready here to. Hopefully can give the goats (one BT kid is going too) a wash before Saturday, it is really muddy here but I have tried to let them out as much as possible - Friday's forecast is good!

Re food: I will bring some dairy nuts and rolled oats with me, that's plus lots of freshly cut grass and branches is what they are on here. As soon as horse carrots are available again they will also get those (Cut into longish thin sticks), and hay from September on.

Dairy nuts: Carrs Billington's 18% dairy nuts and just plain rolled oats.

They do get a bit of Allan & Page's All round goat too, but that is very expensive and not really necessary, but I have to have it for the GG's (madams!).

I will be trying to get to Forfar mart on Saturday lunchtime - (it is the SGF autumn show and I am delivering my kid there) - would it be possible for you to come there, and then I can follow you to your place from there? Beth is there with her kid too, and I can load it up there.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:19:18 am »
How exciting  ;D

Skirza

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 11:00:20 am »
Oo...exciting...pics when they've settled in  :farmer:

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 05:51:43 pm »
Anke, yeah thats fine, just let me know where and when and I'll come and find you.  Chaos here trying to get everything organised - can't wait x

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 11:35:34 pm »
It would be nice if you could come to the show otherwise I won't manage to meet you. We may still be judging at that time you see, and we have two boys to show who will be judged last.

You would also be able to see Reba's mum and dad!

Beth

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 03:06:38 pm »
I have kept all day Saturday free so could come.  Where and when should we meet - I don't know where the show is  :dunce: x

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 06:08:06 pm »
It is chaos around here!  My fencer is late in coming as is my joiner and I've been putting plan B's into place all day today to make sure everyone is comfortable this weekend.  Oosha boysa - hot bath and early night for me I think x

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 09:16:59 pm »
Melanie, the goat show is at Forfar Auction Mart. Just drive into the car park and you will see the trailers etc etc.

I will try and be there for 12, but will have to get the formalities for my kid sorted out first.

Lets hope the weather improves...

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 09:20:06 pm »
I will aim to be there at 12 noon then Anke and will wait until you're ready.  I am 5ft 9 with short very red hair and I will be the one looking like a newbie  ;D

LockerbiteReiver

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 09:51:12 pm »
If it's raining (and it will be, knowing our luck), we'll be showing inside the Mart so don't be afraid to come right in through the doors on the loading/unloading ramps.

Alex (Beth's other half). 

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:59 pm »
Ok  ;D only 1 more sleep!!! :goat:

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »
How exciting - I met some more goats this week and they really do "get to you" so best of luck with yours!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 05:11:59 pm »
1 more sleep melodrama?! I bet you don't get much sleep tonight if you are anything like I was!! enjoy them and lots of pics please!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS