Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Electric Fencing - TAS Discount  (Read 5134 times)

Electric Fencing - TAS Discount
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:58:13 am »
Hi All,

Hoping that Dan wont shout at me about this, but we are having an electric fencing sale and are offering 10% off all fencing energisers etc to everyone on our mailing list.

However, we are increasing the discount for TAS members to 15% (because we like you all)

This offer runs for 1 week only from today (thats to the 23 Aug) - Just enter the code TAS on our checkout page.

Thanks
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Jason Living

• Joined Aug 2011
Re: Electric Fencing - TAS Discount
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 12:20:56 pm »
Hi SFS

Please can you confirm where on your checkout page I add 'TAS' for the discount.  I have tried adding this to the 'Coupon Code' box but it says 'The coupon code you have entered is not valid'.

Many thanks

Jason

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 12:45:33 pm »
That sounds appealing - but I have no idea which of all the very many energisers (what a range!) I should choose.

I'm probably happy with battery (although my ethics may lead me to choose solar despite the initial expense) but I can't spend all day researching all the differences and deciding which I might buy...  Help please!   :)

Initially I would be fencing inside the pigs' paddock to keep little piglets in.  The fence is adult pig proof but will take a lot of work putting a couple of barbed wire strands at ground level all around 3 sides to make it young piglet proof.  It's a square paddock, about an acre (65m x 65m or thereabouts), and has stone wall on one side so no need for additional fencing that side.

I know I am being cheeky asking fellow TASers to do my hard work for me - but can anyone give me the guidance I need to make the right choice without having to spend hours researching?  :)

Thanks folks (seems churlish not to take advantage of Gareth's offer, eh?  ;))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:22:59 pm by SallyintNorth »
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 06:24:12 pm »
Weyhey fantastic stuff - thanks S&S, have just ordered a solar panel booster thingy  ;D .......and a sheepy Teacosy  ::)

Very many thanks - looking forward to delivery sometime next week.

:wave:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 09:00:52 pm »
Hi,

Apologies to anyone who had difficulty using the code, there was a bit of a software conflict.

Taken a while but this is now resolved and the code should work for all.

For Sally,

If I was buying one I would go for a dual power so you can either run it off 12V Battery (you can always add a solar charger at a later date) or you can switch to mains if the battery goes U/S or runs out of charge.

If your looking at 3 sides of 65m of 2 strands of wire / tape / rope thats around 400m of fencing. even the lowest power Dual unit we offer will power upto 8Km of fence - although you do get a bigger zap with the bigger units.

For All

One of the important things with an electric fence is to ensure that the return path is not too long through the ground - especially in dry weather.

We use a mains unit to power the whole farm fences and in fields that are a long way away from the energiser and its earth spikes we drive a spike into the middle of the field and rin some six strand rope across the ground to another spike driven in near the energiser.

This gives the electric a good easy return to the energiser earth and makes sure that power is not lost with distance.

It also helps for permanent set-ups to use several 1m earth rods driven fully home and linked with lead-out cable. Its seldom the energiser that gives problems, its normally the earth.

Thanks

www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:42:55 am »
Just a reminder....

Last Day of sale today................

Thanks

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 03:42:48 pm »
Crikey, thanks for reminder, I thought I had days left yet...  Have ordered my dual-power energiser; your prices were competitive even without the TAS discount, so thanks very much.  And BH was very taken with the 'can't freeze up' farmyard hydrant, so we've ordered one of those.   If it works it will save hours and hours and hours of work over winter - and the cattle will thank you every morning in the coldest weather when they get water straight away instead of waiting till we get the kettles and spanners down to the shed...

Thanks again x
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 04:55:12 pm »
Hi Sally,

Yes they work - The important thing is to make sure that the bottom of the stand-pipe is buried to a depth of 2 feet, and surrounded by a bed of gravel. also if the area is heavy clay or not well draining the bed needs to have a pipe in it to take the water away.

Thanks

Gareth

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »
Hi All,

Just to let you know our sale is now over and the above discount code will no longer work.

Thanks to all who took part and we will ship your items shortly.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS