Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Young Chickens wanted Fife  (Read 3806 times)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
Young Chickens wanted Fife
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »
Hello,

Can anybody tell me where i may be able to source some POL or similar hens(anything considered), in or around fife. having 3 failed hatchings, i have had no young birds introduced into my flock this year and egg production seem to be going down as my girls are getting older. looking for 6-8 in case any one has and "kicking around"

Many thanks

dizzy1pig

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Leuchars, Fife
Re: Young Chickens wanted Fife
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 03:53:09 pm »
i have booked 10 for end september cameron.. you can have half when they arrive if you want em...
no sure o price but will not be over the top as i have dealt with them before
hybrids of some sort as like you need some new ones to take me thru winter

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:01 pm »

i have booked 10 for end september ................as like you need some new ones to take me thru winter

you can't be serious, Nicky!!!  ;D

also, Jamesfiled Farm in Abernethy near Newburgh - but they are dear
www.henkeepingfife.co.uk nearer you - they were on the Fife Show showing off the eglus. Their birds looked clean and healthy, no idea on the prices though.

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 06:05:50 pm »
I have a friend who's daughter is hatching four eggs but they don't want the chickens! Due to hatch in a couple of days. Light sussex hen, cockerel could be LS, RIR or CL! They're yours if you want them.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 08:39:58 pm »
Thanks for the offers, Nicky and Dizzy

but i have managed to locate a few, going to "view" them tomorrow but knowing me I'll come away with more then the few ever intended  ::)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 07:53:56 am »
The folk I got mine from may still have some from the lot I bought (22 weeks now and 3/4 are in lay now) or another later hatch if your lead doesn't work out.  At Collessie and really good people.  I can pm you contact details if you want but good luck with the lot you're looking at.
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:34:21 pm »
Thanks everybody for the offers, but the birds i went to view ended up coming home with me, plus a couple of others  ::)   :chook:

calamityjane

• Joined Aug 2011
  • sauchie
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 08:19:03 pm »
do you fancy a cockeral bought what we thought was hens he is a nice looking bird bantan feathered feet white with a grey tail i think have a foto of him on my phone already have 2 cockerals gets on great with other cockerals.  lanark sell poultry think the sale is october 27th they sell them at forfar too look on their site lawrie and symington its .com. gumtree has adverts for hens and sellers have u looked at ur local feedstore they have a board with adverts we found pigs and stuff on there

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 10:10:13 pm »
do you fancy a cockerel bought what we thought was hens he is a nice looking bird bantan feathered feet white with a grey tail

he sounds lovely but unfortunately I'm unable to re home him from you, as i allready have two of my own, one of them was part of the others i ended up coming home with.
Thanks again

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS