Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 70 mins out  (Read 7413 times)

Darren

• Joined Jul 2011
70 mins out
« on: August 13, 2011, 09:27:19 am »
 4 now in the freezer,
one went in the slow cooker
3 went to neighbours

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: 70 mins out
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:33:24 am »
Nice work!

Fancy a trip to Angus?!  :)

Darren

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:59:47 am »
if you have a problem with rabbits I can find you a couple of people near there who would gladly ferret/ lamp, or just walk over with their whippets to mop some up.
A few years ago I did some work for caithness rabbit clearance society

Collie26

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »
Great bag not be too long before u can really hit them hard with the ferrets is it darren, with the youngsters getting a bit bigger??

Looking forward to nights on the stubble once theyre all cut :)

Darren

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »
its nearly all down here, which is handy as the wasps are slowing down , this is the best part of my job for me, these were taken at one of the Bakkovar sites and they thankfully dont like the use of Ali phos , on this particular site you cant use it anyway because of the sandy soil, I dont know where abouts you are but theres no little ones left here anyway, but if there was and one of my customers wanted them moving I would do it and have.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:31:30 pm »
Oh. bugger :o :o I looked at the picture and only saw DOGS for a second or two!! Well done those dogs ;)

Collie26

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 08:03:41 am »
Yeah darren im in county durham and theres a few little straggerlers left but on the whole theyre all out, u long net or just purse nets and ferrets and whippets arent they??

Darren

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 03:37:21 pm »
both , we purse net then set the longnets around as a 2nd measure as it is usually for paying customers not sport, every so often though the dogs get taken out and some are bolted for them to run just as an occassional reward really, infact tomorrow night we are at another factory moonlight ferretting so that as few members of the public as possible see it , as there have been complaints in the past.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 11:50:50 pm »
Nice work!

Fancy a trip to Angus?!  :)
What about big Stu and his futrets?  ;D Or I can lend you Rio - he has slept all evening since I let him in at 4.30 after devouring his latest kill. ::) ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 01:40:25 pm »
Can't quite see from the pic - not Hares I hope.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:42:18 pm by OhLaLa »

Darren

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 04:08:58 pm »
if you clickedon the pic you would see it, who are you to judge (not hares I hope) you obviously dont really care about hares or you would know their habitat and hares dont live in warrens, how ever many time we have netted up hares flushed by the dogs on some fields at the customers bequest, non of which is illegal, if you are gonna put yourself on the moral high ground get your facts right.I dont make assumptions on how you earn your living , so please dont make assumptions on mine, oh and learn to read the whole thread then you would have known it was rabbits
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:23:46 pm by Darren »

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 05:37:35 pm »
if you clickedon the pic you would see it, who are you to judge (not hares I hope) you obviously dont really care about hares or you would know their habitat and hares dont live in warrens, how ever many time we have netted up hares flushed by the dogs on some fields at the customers bequest, non of which is illegal, if you are gonna put yourself on the moral high ground get your facts right.I dont make assumptions on how you earn your living , so please dont make assumptions on mine, oh and learn to read the whole thread then you would have known it was rabbits

Thank you for the unnecessary and pointless lecture based on unfounded observations.

::)

Collie26

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 09:09:59 pm »
Cracking dog there mate, and oh la la i think darren went defencive because we get lots of unneccisary critisim by the majority of people, hares can cause massive problems if they arent controlled and by means of shooting ect. People often overlook the work done by shooting and fieldsports in conservation. Good bag again mate

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 09:25:28 am »
And at least it wasn't whippets in the freezer and slow cooker as I thought at first!!!!! ::)  I have a very small bitch who has caught a hare almost as big as herself and feeds herself and mostly all the others with rabbits (and keeps down a big, big nuisance)
As, I said before, well done those dogs.

Pasture Farm

• Joined Aug 2011
  • East Lincolnshire
  • Trusty Traca
    • Pasture Poultry
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 06:53:07 am »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS