Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Brinsea mini advance incubator question  (Read 5154 times)

aaronsundin

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Aberdeenshire , Scotland
Brinsea mini advance incubator question
« on: August 12, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »
I have just received a brinsea mini advance incubator and will be setting my orpington bantam eggs shortly. I notice that the auto egg turner has several timing intervals in minutes between turns, which you can choose from . Every 45m up to every 180m - the instructions do not mention which timing interval to set for bantam eggs - if anyone has this incubator and can advise me I'd be most grateful. Many thanks ,
stefan

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Brinsea mini advance incubator question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 04:00:25 pm »
I don't have any automatic turners with my incubators and have been hatching successfully for years. I turn my eggs manually three times a day, approx. 6a.m. 1p.m and 9-10p.m. I get a 99% success rate so I would say every 180 mins. would be fine.
By the way, I hatch chicken, bantam, duck, turkey, goose and quail.
(I have often forgotten to turn last thing at night but it doesn't seem to have made any difference!)

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:23:24 am »
Sylvia thats good news i notice that really costly set ups dont hatch as good as Manuel turning ducks dont .these new auto turn dont seem to get good results .i no some body that gets good hatch rates from a home made incubator .same with dry hatches as some do .iff a system works its good .not Meany get good results im 70% this yere with cock birds 60% thats up 15% than last yere.

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 01:48:46 pm »
I have this incubator and I just go with the factory default settings.

TheCaptain

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:52 pm »
I've got the same one and have stuck with 45 mins. We have hatched at least 6/7 and 7/7 all of this years hatchings.

MelRice

• Joined Jun 2011
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:36:49 am »
Agree with last two posts have had great results with mine... Quail, Bantam, Hen and most recently Duck (which I was a bit concerned about as they only just fitted and I wasn't even sure they all rolled each time!)More Quail again next time as I now have the 12 egg quail ring and they should just be big enough for christmas dinner...yum yum

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS