Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: another question  (Read 3001 times)

raygezer

• Joined Jan 2011
  • brittany
another question
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »
HI to you all ,sorry another question ,I have recently gained another acre making t total of 5, the problem its a bit scrubby is there a breed of sheep that would thrive on it bearing in mind I live in France, if there is a breed how difficult would it be to export a couple of ewes / sorry thats 2 questions, any help would be great many thanx Ray

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: another question
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:50:26 pm »
Going through export hoops for a couple of ewes would be fairly expensive and time-consuming, both for you and the seller. You should be able to get something local, or maybe put some goats on it...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:57:43 pm »
I'd talk locally and see what 'primitive' or 'hill' sheep are available - both would manage scrubby grazing (you should see ours  ::))

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 11:43:59 am »
easy Ouessants native to france and relative easy to deal with would love your ground where abouts in france are you?
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

raygezer

• Joined Jan 2011
  • brittany
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:05 pm »
Hi I'm in dept 56 langonnet, great place to live, and now i have had my dream come to reality i have been asked to help run a farm , yes i know it is going to be hard work no harder than the building industry and they are a French family.thanx for the help

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 12:07:14 pm »
The Ouessant sheep is the native breed of the region coming from the island of Ouessant just off the coast of finistere  so they would be relatively cheap and easy to come by from a grazing point of view they would be perfect from a meat point of view they are not a commercial production animal so it depends what your purpose is. you could look for lande des bretagne sheep whilst harder to come by they are larger provide good meat and there sis a co operative for their wool  . it all depends on what you are looking for but I wouldn't be importing
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS