Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hunter Balmoral Neoprene wellies - £69.99 delivered  (Read 26634 times)

lill

• Joined May 2011
Re: Hunter Balmoral Neoprene wellies - £69.99 delivered
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 09:24:49 pm »
me, I go for cheap and cheerful  ;D ;D ;D

robert waddell

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »
chickenfeed      does the urine not rot the stitching it did on mine and that was just cattle  the PVC riggers your feet sweat with them in summer especially the fur lined ones  :farmer:

chickenfeed

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 09:41:29 pm »
hi robert the riggers we use have no stitching rubber soles with leather uppers i have even converted my parents after 45 years ish of wellies they now both have riggers.

and the plus side of riggers is steel toe caps for when your loading beasts that decide feet are a good place to trample on  ;)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 10:39:34 pm »
To answer Bionic Sally's question about what robert sensitively calls 'fat bastard calves' - the make famed for being roomy for calves is Argyll, particularly their shorter leg version.  I didn't know Argyll was another brand from the Hunter company till today, but it makes sense as Hunters are for people with string for legs!  (Sorry you lucky skinny people - but you can take it and anyway robert started it!   :P <- rudely  ;))

My Dunlop Purfort Professionals are fairly roomy, ditto the Le Chameaus.  One tip, Sally, is to get a man's wellie (and then wear extra socks to take up the extra space in the foot) - men's wellies generally have more width for both feet and calves.

But if you're Bionic how come you didn't get strong calves that aren't too wide for your wellies?   :D ;)  ::)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 10:50:46 pm »
Bionic comes from having metal plates put in my legs after a car accident so no strong calves here.  However that was a long time ago and I am fit and well now. NO, thats a lie, I'm not fit but I am well.
When I do get the smallholding (which I hope won't be long away now) I am expecting that striding around my land like lady of the manor will result in strong but slimed down calves. I can live in hope can't I?
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 10:51:29 pm »
I've got a pair of wellies that I bought about 10 years ago for 8 quid. Don't wear them all the time but they're still going strong. I second the rigger boot thing they're brilliant until the insides start to fall apart usually after about a year in my case. I've also just got a pair of dunlop purofort with steel toecaps only paid a fiver for em as they were old stock. If they last me a year it'll have been money well spent ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 10:54:57 pm »
Bionic comes from having metal plates put in my legs after a car accident so no strong calves here.  However that was a long time ago and I am fit and well now. NO, thats a lie, I'm not fit but I am well.

Oh lor' - I do hope I didn't cause any offence, Sally, with my unthinking quip.   :-[  I'm very sorry to hear about your accident and the long-term legacy of it.   :bouquet:

As to the calves getting slimmed down as they get stronger from the striding around - mine never seem to get any less wide, however much muscle there is!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 10:55:43 pm »
No offence taken  :bouquet:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 11:38:51 pm »
Reading this thread (I also had my second pair of Hunters - first were excellent and gave years of comfortable wear - second pair nothing like, uncomfortable and dangerous to walk in) I decided to check out Rigger boots, unfortunately these aren't my size, but they certainly look good value
Screwfix Fur-lined Rigger Boots £14.99

All the best
Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 06:07:19 am »
Large calves?  - Aigle Varios.  They are even wide enough for my legs!   :) :) :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

robert waddell

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 09:59:26 am »
RIGGER BOOTS     try ARCO they do ladies sizes    but they are not the cheapest       the dunlop rigger boot which is really a wellie styled as a rigger boot are getting to expensive now
Wellies every manufacturer are under the impression that all welly wearers have a leg that measures less than 41 centimetres or16 inches if they could make them up to 50centimeters or 20 inches yes you can get adjustable calf wellies that go up near to the 50 inches BUT THEY ARE SPECIAL ORDER  not the run of the mill items that every shop has and hunter has jumped on the bandwagon with there adj wellies
Dan will probably give us a user report on his purchase and any problems encountered with quality and complaint procedure
bat fastard legs well mine are 50 inches i thing that gives me the right to comment :farmer:                                                                             sorry typo error should be 20 inches lillian had detracted me at that point :farmer:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:25:19 am by robert waddell »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 11:16:20 am »
bat fastard legs well mine are 50 inches i thing that gives me the right to comment :farmer:

I think that would give you the right to call yourself Henry VIII (watch out lill!)   :o :D ;) ;D

You mean 50cm I am sure!   (Damned new money.  >:()

;D

robert waddell

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 11:22:11 am »
aye your right 20 inches  new money just cant get the hang of it      a well if the finances goes tits up the measurements might go as well  :farmer:

Fronhaul

• Joined Jun 2011
    • Fronhaul Farm
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 04:41:58 pm »
Some of the less upmarket boots designed for fishing are nice.  I bought a great pair of neoprene ones with a really wide calf for under £25 last autumn and they are still going.  So comfortable and they grip well.

NLL

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 09:25:24 pm »
i have these wellies and they are great. I got talked into some aigle ones and they were awful, they hurt my ankles and i couldnt walk in them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS