Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Show  (Read 3139 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Show
« on: July 16, 2011, 02:57:48 pm »
Not long back from New Deer Show. Very wet and cold, had 3 changes of clothes. Both ponies were 3rd in their classes so pleased enough with that but what an experience. Never been in a class where the judge had to stop showing 3 times. Yearling pulled the handler over, then broke lose, caught again but seconds later takes off and jumps out of the ring. Reason for all this panic, bouncy castle being blown up right next to our ring. My yearling colt was dancing on the spot but did settle long enough to do a lovely run out for the judge. The two year old colt was full of himself but once more it was the big horses that took his attention, what a show off, he is piebald with lots of main and tail and when he runs he looks stunning. The judge likes black ponies so he did very well to get a third out of 10. No pictures taken due to all the rain, OH has come home and fallen asleep in his chair. I do all the work and he gets tired !!!!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Show
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:30:14 pm »
Well done! Have a rest now  ;D

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »
Well done, fingers crossed the weather is better for you next time  :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 06:26:14 pm »
Very wet and cold, had 3 changes of clothes.

You HAVE three changes of clothes? You must be posh  ;D

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 01:27:25 pm »
Not posh, just very experienced  on showing in the North East of Scotland. Most of my show clothes come from charity shops and I change them every year.  :)

princesspiggy

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:04:48 pm »
well done, what breed is yours?

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 10:26:47 am »
Standard Shetlands, Archie chestnut colt, Vinnie piebald colt, Bailey black colt, Rory black gelding, Buddy piebald gelding. Pitstop is an 8 year old grey gelding that I bred, both his owners are unwell so he came back to us to be looked after. They still own him and visit whenever they can. I also have a cob mare who is out on long term loan due to the fact I cannot ride anymore, back problems. ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:19:39 pm »
good stuff, u must live pretty close to us i think.  :wave: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS