Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bobby declares the breeding season  (Read 2609 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Bobby declares the breeding season
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:14:47 am »
is definitely open!!

He is making his usual dreadful racket, only louder, and has already mated with one of his ladies ;D  He has set off Elliot the small pygmy billy, and he too is kicking up a dreadful racket. Darren on the other hand is being very quiet, although he does have an admirer in Little Dolly, who is trying to attact his attention .....

Hubby says the racket from the billies is dreadful, and I must make them shut up¬¬

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
Re: Bobby declares the breeding season
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 01:01:39 am »

Hubby says the racket from the billies is dreadful, and I must make them shut up¬¬

now that i got to see  ;D maybe you best just get him some ear plugs
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:06:07 am »
Thank heavens the larger goats don't make the noise that Pygmies do !!!!

Most of my Nubians have quiet voices when they become adult.... I would deafened with 8 & 1 VERY large Saanen.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

princesspiggy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »
is there a set breeding season for goats that people stick to? our 1st nanny was born feb this and it was very cold for her.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »
Cesar has the odd "kiss" - you know, when they blow out their tongues and make that funny noise - at both me and Geraldine!!
  She is getting abit twitchy, but won't let him have his wicked way just yet (good! don't want winter kids!)
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 12:17:52 am »
Our bigger goats usually come into season September to February, although with all the actvity from the pygmy billy, it could be earlier!!!  Pygmies breed all year, and can kid twice if allowed.  I prefer kids to be born April, due to our long cold winters here, but Bobby always has a female running with him, so catches her on her first season.

In comparison to Bobby and Elliot all the big billy goats we have had, have been quiet in comparison.  The builders over the lane were asking what "that noise" was today.  I explained it was the mating call of Bobby.  I also told them he has a special way of attracting the females, and they asked what, probably hoping it would help them draw in the ladies too ;D

Their faces were a picture when I said I doubted they could pee in their mouths like Bobby ......and for one they shut up!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 10:50:45 am »
:D  :D
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS