Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Finally Free  (Read 3638 times)

HappyHippy

Finally Free
« on: February 13, 2009, 06:29:52 pm »
Whey hey !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My last day at work is finally over (for 39 weeks anyway)
So now I'll be able to get stuck into all the really important stuff, like........

Painting the house, inside and out and repairing my rotten window frames
Getting the raised beds up and running
Getting the polytunnel up - well maybe, I've been trying to save for a new cover
Getting my chooks
Getting stuck into the central heating installation (or passing the spanners lol!)
Maybe a couple of weaners (I miss my pigs  :'()
Getting crafty with  cardmaking, jewellery & pyrography (wood burning)
Learning Reki - (this is something I've wanted to do for ages and have met a lovely lady who's going to teach me in exchange for me teaching her to make jewellery.)

Oh yes....... and sometime at the end of April I might stop long enough to give birth to my 3rd (and definately last) baby !

I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll keep everyone posted on developments.

Karen  :farmer:

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Finally Free
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 06:36:20 pm »

Learning Reki - (this is something I've wanted to do for ages and have met a lovely lady who's going to teach me in exchange for me teaching her to make jewellery.)

I can do Reki !!!!!
but want to learn properly in the future it really good to do my mum practise on me when she was here over christmas /new year and it was so weird !!!!

I was feeling that I was falling off the table but i was still laying on the table

Linz

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 12:27:44 pm »
You are making me tired just reading your mail, take some time to rest because once baby arrives your life is no longer your own. Believe me, I had three sons  ;)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 02:09:13 pm »
Bit of nest building urge there, Karen. You missed turning out the wardrobes and tidying the garden shed in your list because you just never know where these babies will get to next  :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 03:36:29 pm »
Oh Rosemary,
Don't even get me started on wardrobes !- we have had to totally rearrange the bedroom of my 4 year old daughter because she was building towers of toys, chairs and boxes on top of her bedside cabinet to allow her to climb onto the top of her 8ft high wardrobe  >:( - she'd then sit there and shout till we went & rescued her  :o(not good for the heart, not good at all!)
Still, on the positive side - maybe she'll become a rich & famous ? mountaineer one day and the effect of taking years off my life will have been worth it ! ::)
Definately agree on the nest building thing though - blame the hormones ! But also, I know that after baby arrives I'll have no time to get it done - plus having a deadline makes me all the more focused !

Sabrina,
I'd love to have some rest, I REALLY would - but what with dogs, hubby and 2 kids already there's little chance. At least I don't have to fit it all in round the 9-5 slog at work anymore !  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 08:43:32 am »
You now have 39 weeks to work out how to continue the good life

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS