Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My newest tool!  (Read 5675 times)

johnmac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Perth
My newest tool!
« on: July 23, 2011, 11:05:44 pm »

Our newest addition to 'the farmhouse'

A landrover defender 90. 2006 plate. Two seats in the front, four in the back. All set for towing my girlfriends horse box, or filling with logs, hay or whatever else. Only 20,000 miles on the clock. He's a beauty! We've name him Bob!

:-)

Road tax is ridiculous. But I don't smoke, so this is my vice! The way the winters have been last two years it will be invaluable this winter!

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
Re: My newest tool!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:34:24 am »
Hi Johnmac

He's very handsome. (Why do I always think of vehicles as "her")  Sure to be very useful too.
We got rid of our FWD a few years back as it was old and costing a fortune to run and maintain. We cope now with an Astra Diesel estate, and if that won't do it, the Ferguson tractor.
Being only 5 years old, I bet you'll get years of good use out of your Landy.

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:34:26 am »
Hi Johnmac

I love Land Rovers and have had many over the years..... something about them just cannot be beat!

Have to be honest and say currently I am being disloyal as I have a L200 Barbarian.... I bought it new and it's been a great asset to us, that said it would never have the character of a landy! I hope you get years of enjoyment from BOB :-)
Metal Detectorist

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:15:40 pm »
You won't be getting much hay or logs in the back of a 90 with four seats in the back. Or even a 90 with no seats in the back come to think of it. Nice motor though.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:42:12 pm »
Very nice, if there was a jealous emoticon this would be the perfect opportunity to use it!.  :)

We had a series 3 called Kenny a few years back, but this is in a different class.

cooper956

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:37:55 pm »
how much is your tax  my 110 double cab is just over £200

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 10:19:28 am »
'Utility vehicles' have cheaper tax :) - thats why I went for the 110 double cab as well

Baz

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:40:32 pm »
me too, we have a 110 hard sided ex utility LR, not as pretty but easy on the car tax wallet!

cooper956

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 02:17:06 pm »
no all 110 double cabs have cheaper tax it depends how they where first registered was asking becase some 90`s with rear seats are more tax and some got away with the same tax one was was to buy  one as a hardtop and put seats and windows in there are evern companeys that do this with new 90`s now just to get lower tax

johnmac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Perth
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 04:34:38 pm »
Road tax.... Aarghhhh!!

Don't even talk to me about it!!

This little baby is top whack! I think £430? A year!?!? Shocking!!! The reason we bought the damn thing is because my other half couldn't get to work for 30 days last winter, because the 'council road' from our house to town (2 miles) was impassible unless in 4x4. They came down a few times after being phoned, but next day it was just as awful as before! I had to run her the two miles to town to car share with a colleague.

Road tax! What a sham!!!!

I understand charging top whack if it's someone who drives a 4x4 in the city, but us country folk need cars like this from time to time, especially when the council don't spend your road tax money keeping your road clear!!!

Aarghhhh!! Don't even get me started!!!

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 05:03:35 pm »
road tax
fuel tax
vat on fuel
vat on insurance
tax on wages
they get more than we get
there was an audi at westmoorland last year almost £1000 for road tax  :o :o

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 09:44:33 pm »

My last Landrover was a 1969 Series IIa. Road tax? Nil. :)

Short-wheelbase Landies are the best. Never got stuck in one.

johnmac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Perth
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 11:21:51 pm »
I did think about a series II landy, 1968. Zero road tax, but the other half thought it was too old fashioned?!? Go figure!

Road tax... Grrrrr!!

A new landrover (puma) is over £1,000 for the first years road tax! Bloody ridiculous! Even worse they give the excuse they are trying to be green!!! No they ain't, they're just trying to rip everyone off under the guise of being green! ;-)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS