Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what breed's of dogs do you have and  (Read 29462 times)

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
Re: what breed's of dogs do you have and
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2011, 09:20:23 am »
Lots of great pics and stories  :)

We have 3 JR's. Mum who is a pet, and her son and daughter. Both would rat methinks, but no rattys here, and hope it stays that way!
Lynn :)

Sandy

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »
I came across 3 JR's while out walking with our 4 Labs, the JR's barked furiously and my labs were shocked, then I started chatting to the owner and they all just milled around not even sniffing each other, Labs are wooshies!! sill love um though

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2011, 02:58:06 am »
Our Mutt is a first cross blue merle pedigreed sheep dog off the Brecon beacons with a pedigreed  golden retriever as mum.

He is massive , weighs nearly 30 kg and is still growing  (just over a year old )
 we were told he barks a lot .. that was an understatement he had been running along with his full working father on a sheep & cow farm for around three months before he came to us .

I've got his barking sorted most of the time , he'll do most things asked of him but as son as next door bung their mutt of a staffy out on it's own to crap in their garden it starts barking and if " Merle " is laid quietly in the garden with me & off his lead he replies to the challenge with gusto sometimes flinging himself at the six foot dividing fence like a cage wrestler .
 If he is on the lead ( now most of the time ) he just sits and looks in the mutts direction and lays down.

I'd hate to be grabbed /bitten  by Merle for he's frequently demolished one of the  largest sized " Kong extreme " hard rubber chewing lumps in three or four days, yet to see him now laid on my feet you'd think butter would not melt in his mouth.
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2011, 11:09:40 pm »
Ive got a couple of patterdale terriers mother and daughter both bushing dogs getting on a bit know 12 & 7 years old, also a couple of whippets mother and daughter rabbiting dogs work with ferrets etc. 10 & 5 years old. I like to go on long walks with my dogs and a walk is only worth doing if you have a dog with you as far as I'm concerned. I much prefer the company of my dogs to certain people.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2011, 12:41:03 pm »
Ben. Working sheep and poultry guarddog

Mac. Pure Whippet. Pest control officer.

Mist. Working collie. Still in training, but getting there.

Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Fronhaul

• Joined Jun 2011
    • Fronhaul Farm
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2011, 10:45:11 am »
I much prefer the company of my dogs to certain people.

I so agree.

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2011, 11:46:09 am »
We have 2 liver/white Springer Spaniels, Mother and son. Mother is now going on 14 and is retired, but the son is just coming up 9 and still loves a day's beating on the local shoot - despite having a touch of arthritis and an underactive thyroid gland! Will soon need to bring on a pup, but it's a lottery finding the right one!!

Carrie (mother) in foreground, and Bob (son) bringing up the rear!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:08:56 pm by Hazelwood Flock »
Not every day is baaaaaad!
Pedigree Greyface Dartmoor sheep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS