Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fallon  (Read 3552 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Fallon
« on: July 04, 2011, 01:53:04 pm »
Fallon, our beloved German Shepherd was peacefully put to sleep this morning. Life was becoming a struggle for her and we decided over the weekend that now was the right time to let her go before she became unable to get out and about. Her back end was very weak and she had fallen over a few times. At 13 years old she had given us so much. Right for a young pup she was very special and so quick to learn. There was nothing she could not do from show dog to tracking, heel work to music, obedience. One in a million and we will miss her so much. We took her to the crematorium near Aberdeen and will get her ashes back in a few days. Very kind thoughtful people.

Sandy

Re: Fallon
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:54:04 pm »
A sad day but she was a good age and I suspect, very well cared for and loved!!!!!! :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 04:53:28 pm »
I feel for you, not long since I took that decision for Hester.  It is the final act of love that we can give our animals. She'll be on ehr way over Rainbow Bridge to see her pals that ahve gone before her.  Hester went to join her Daddy, huntin, shootin, fishin and climbing like they always did.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 07:49:25 pm »
Sleep well lovely Fallon,
A beautiful girl, and will be much missed
:(
Little Blue

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 07:53:22 pm »
As doganjo says,

Rainbow bridge, is the special place, i salute rainbows and say hi to everyone every time a rainbow appears.

I feel for you at this sad time, all the very best  :bouquet: :wave:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 11:13:07 pm »
 :bouquet:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 11:15:49 pm »
 :bouquet:   {{{hugs}}}   Sally x
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 10:53:18 am »
Thankyou for your thoughts, had a bad night with Tanya our other Shepherd. She has always been with Fallon so last night she would not settle. We tried taking her bed into our room as Jake sleeps there but she just wandered about the house for most of the night. Around 4am I let her round into the back garden, she went into the old cottage that the dogs use as a kennel and lay in Fallon's bed so I left her there. Maybe in time she will stay with us but I just have to let her grieve in her own way.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 11:17:07 am »
When my old dog Horace (long-haired GSD x collie, a lovely beaming happy boy) passed away a few years ago I was very moved at how clearly Jacob the cat missed him and grieved for him. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 06:07:16 pm »
My thoughts are with you at this most horrible time for pet lovers anywhere.

I'm sure you did the right thing and that she was loved and adored.

Run free Fallon  :bouquet:

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 06:40:59 pm »
Plenty of TLC for Tanya and you, you will both help each other get through it, i had roxy and archie 2 dobermann cross greyhound brother and sis, archie went to rainbow bridge 3 years ago, roxy missed him terribly as they were like 2 peas in a pod, she grieved as well as me but we got each other through, and if its possible made our relationship even stronger, she is 11 and a half now she is the light of my life.

All the very best  :bouquet:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 09:45:39 pm »
hearing about someone else's beloved animal always makes you think about all the ones you've lost along the way.  Our lives are so much richer for having these wonderful friends, despite it never being for long enough.

Strong legs Fallon, run like the wind...

sending hugs from Fife xx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS