Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any Good Dog Walks?  (Read 12855 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Any Good Dog Walks?
« on: February 09, 2009, 12:21:46 am »
Started this with Annie in mind, as she had asked which beach we had taken our 3 too the other week. We went to Aberdour beach, which is lovely but quite small, and busy as its so near the town. http://guide.visitscotland.com/vs/guide/5,en,SCH1/objectId,SIG57476Svs,curr,GBP,season,at1,selectedEntry,home/home.html

Anstruther is probably a better bet if you want to let the dogs off for a big run. http://guide.visitscotland.com/vs/guide/5,en,SCH1/objectId,SIG58895Svs,curr,GBP,season,at1,selectedEntry,home/home.html

But, I was thinking someplace near to Annie, is Burleigh Sands near/in Kinross. The heritage trail takes you around the loch, its a nice walk, no sea but the loch instead! http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/walkoftheweek/Work-off-Christmas-with-a.3621547.jp

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Any Good Dog Walks?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:42:17 pm »
Thanks, Beth.  I usually go to Gartmorn Dam because I know my dogs are safe when i let them off - they go a fair old distance and although the girls are fairly obedient, Allez would chase hare or rabbit to wherever it stopped.  Hoping to cure that problem but until then our walks have to be away from roads.  Devilla is quite good if I walk him on lead for a good 200 yards first then he'll go forward.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:44:33 pm »
Inlincolnshire we have just down the road Laughton woofs - i mean woods - there very good for lettingbthe hound off in - A few horsey people occasionally for him to get  excited over but i spend quite some hours down there if any lincolnshire people are interested in  a vist - through gainsborough to morton  and then down the woods-mostly flat in lincolnshire as many are aware but its a bit of narnia inlincolnshire.Guess that why i really want to move further north this year -  ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:13:42 pm »
St Andrews beach - fab, especially first thing in the morning.

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 09:13:29 am »
For any one in lancashire or yorkshire take the car to ribbelhead viaduct just past ingleton - Very bleak  but beautiful part of the yorkshire dales - theres a pub and a lady with a  tea and coffee van all year round in the daytime for the walkers ( and a good one at that ) shes been there for 20 years she said and take the alk from ribblehead to dent - running along the side of the settle - carlisle line - 7 miles of happiness - dogs ok but lots of sheep running around  so just in case the dog has a wish to round up the sheep might be better on the lead but a wonderful 7 miles walk -dent has a couple of tea rooms and never changed in its years - cobbled street - truly beautiful pubs and as rural as it comes -  could always get the train back to ribblehead as well.

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 01:34:54 am »
theres a lot of West Lothian folk on here, i can heartily recommend Muiravonside Country Park.

loads of paths, woods, hills, a canal, a river, all sorts!! When we bought this place we never had a dog, so it wasn't high on our list of priorities, but we got one a few weeks after moving in - it's worked out a treat!!!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 02:47:49 am »
It is a great place to walk your dog Muiravonside. Last time we were there, my collie fell in the canal!

Beth

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 12:01:31 am »
i got my bike fixed t'other day and decided to take Fella along the canal for the first time in about 2 months - well, there were about 30 ducks on the canal and he decided he fancied a bit of fowl!!!

he lept into the canal in pursuit of 3 birds and came out black and stinking. He was in the shower 3 times before the reek had gone.

now winter is over i hope they get round to dredgng it again as it's growing stinky!!

he won't be along the canal again for a while, we'll stick to the river!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 12:20:40 am »
He he - my two girls did the same at Gartmorn Dam the other day.  Bits of it are really smelly. ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS