Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: royal highland show  (Read 5893 times)

robert waddell

royal highland show
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:25:33 am »
RHS2011  obviously no body twiged or reads the glasgow herald                  but beth aka ballingall had her photo in fridays edition  (just catching up on paper work ) :goat: :farmer:

Sandy

Re: royal highland show
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:13:38 am »
Thats brilliant, I wonder if someone can scan and put on here, would be nice to see!! Well done!

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 09:52:33 am »
aww scan it in!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:00:40 am »
Well done, Beth!!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 11:54:47 am »
I haven't seen the picture yet either! Didn't get a Herald on Friday, and I did have a hunt through their website yesterday as they told me I should be able to buy it from there- but couldn't find it.

I was on Saturday morning's BBC Radio Scotland's farming programme as well- I haven't dared listen to that yet!

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 03:09:02 pm »
I couldn't find it on the website either
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 06:48:32 pm »
i was at the goats and saw you Beth, but every time i came to say hello, you were busy speaking to someone, so in the end i just left and went to look at the sheep instead :)

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:27:08 pm »

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 10:44:58 pm »
Lovely piccy of your goat Beth - are you camera-shy like me  ;) ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 10:55:26 pm »
I am slightly camera shy- but to honest I wasn;t expecting to be in the picture at all! Poor little Karla, she got about 3 extra buckets of water thrown at her in order to take that picture!

Thanks very much for posting that Robert- I will keep on trying the herald website!

Beth

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 11:11:26 pm »
You look remarkably dry in that picture Beth - when bathing my girls I am usually at least as wet, if not more, than they are....

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 10:24:28 am »
ha ha ha I didnt expect a pic like that!! great one, & my fave goat too  ;)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 10:27:56 am »
Question - should you bathe your goats periodically?  I know this was for the show but is it good to do it now and then / do they like it / is it something I should be doing to my goats and didn't know?  Good action shot but didn't give the goats name for future blockbusters  :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 10:55:54 am »
It is useful to wash them occasionally- doesn't have to be often, even just once a year. But it helps get rid of dust, loose bits of skin, hay seeds in their coat etc etc. And obviously if you want to do a preventative against creepy crawlies (lice etc) you can use a Dermoline type shampoo. They definitely don't mind getting a bath- unless its a cold day and you use cold water! That wouldn't be fun.

Beth

princesspiggy

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 12:24:14 pm »
where do u get ur dermoline shampoo from, i used to use that alot on the ponies, then havnt beed able to find it for the last 2 years. it has a lovely clean smell.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS