Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 3 for the price of 2!!!!!  (Read 2394 times)

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
3 for the price of 2!!!!!
« on: July 20, 2011, 02:26:40 pm »
Having recently bought 2 goatlings, one with a tidy udder, a maiden milker I assumed, neither had seen a male apparently....I was a little concerned over the last week at the udder development on the BT....nothing otherwise led me to think she might be in kid....none of the obvious signs, nothing....until this morning when there was an enormous....and I mean enormous, BT male kid bounding about!!!!!!!
So......I will have what looks to be a cracking little chap who hails from Theban, Aphrodite, Monarch and Tetherdown lines with oodles of champions and breed champions who I would like to swap for a boer male at some point!.......any one want him???
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: 3 for the price of 2!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:48 pm »
well well well.... another immaculate conception on this forum !!!!!!

What a shame you are not on the scrapie scheme otherwise I would have snapped him up with those bloodlines.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:07:18 pm »
Indeed a shame! I do have a scrapie and cae form from their previous owners who are scrapie and CAE tested if that helps anyone else? The herd was/is closed and they are the only goats on my premesis
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 06:09:17 pm »
But how do you know who dad is - I mean she wasn't supposed to be in kid.... How would you go and register the kid, I presume you don't have a service certificate? That needs to be completed on the day of the actual mating.... so this kid wouldn't be any good for breeding from in the future?

But you should have a good and maybe unexpected milk supply??? Always a bonus!

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 07:46:00 pm »
Yes I know exactly who sire is as have spoken to her breeder and it was the BT buckling they had running with the BTs....I have his details! A service certificate is required if you take a goat to a male but commercial herds that register, like this herd does, put an approximate date on the service cert as they do not always see em at it so to speak!
I am a BGS member with a registered prefix and the dam has been transferred to me, a service cert is in the post so there should be no problem in me registering him as a proper BT male under my prefix.
I want to use him in future...he really is a cracker and I know because I have had sires of merit and breed champion males that I bought as kids....and bred a breed champion male! He is nice and dark but not too dark and has dazzeling whites, is very long and has 4 good wide strong legs!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:05:38 pm »
well congratulations, what a nice surprise!  :)
Little Blue

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 05:49:41 am »
Unfortunately the goats lost their scrapie status when they joined you... what a shame.

Can you PM me with the details of the breeder please ?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS