Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: South Western Goat Show..Bristol  (Read 2184 times)

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
South Western Goat Show..Bristol
« on: June 27, 2011, 10:39:55 am »
Had a fantastic day... far too hot so suddenly... it was difficult to find enough shade.

Saanen boy.. Imported Merilla.. got a 1st & Breed Challenge Certificate
AN  .......Friarlea Caradog.... got a 1st & Breed Challenge Certificate
AN buckling  ....... 2nd & Reserve Best Buckling.

More than a little happy,  shame a number of entries didn't come forward.

Lots of good comments on Merilla (aka Monty).... this is a sire for the future, huge amount of milk & BF on his dam line, as well as sire line.  The difference with this Dutch boy to UK Saanens is size.... he is seriously big.
Pics hopefully to follow !
Not forgetting he is not related to anything in UK... good opportunity for new blood.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: South Western Goat Show..Bristol
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:21:48 pm »
Well done Jane. I thought you didn't show nowadays- good to see I was wrong.

Beth

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:25:20 pm »
Only the odd male show where I can keep the goats in the trailer...at least this way segregation isn't a problem.
Would like 'Monty' to get his 4 BCCs as I have 2 of his daughters who will be recorded next year.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
¬
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 02:24:42 pm »
Well done!!  I did not realise male goats went to shows ...... maybe cos I have never seen any at shows where there are goats?

It was far too hot yesterday here.  Was at a show with two ponies, and classes running late, so dressed in full gear for hours, and nearly melted......not to mention my poor black ponies in that sun¬

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 03:48:16 pm »
There are shows for males, there tend to not be as many, and generally not at agricultural shows as boy goats are not very nice for the public! We only have 7 recognised shows in Scotland where males can be shown. It can also be difficult to show them, as not many people have room to travel both males and females to shows.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS