Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Everyday clothes  (Read 5428 times)

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Everyday clothes
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 10:51:59 am »
I live in old jeans, tshirts and fleeces. Still have the posh work wear and uniform just in case! I always feed the pigs in my dressing gown and wellies and that reminds me must put it in the washing machine today.  :D
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Sandy

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 11:03:45 am »
I often look like a mad women am as I too donot comb my hair, feed and clean the dogs room out etc BUT, when we started with that horrid weather just around 2 weeks before Christmas, I had all our decorations in boxs ready to start on the house, I was also cold so had my old pj's, jumper and dirty dressing gown on, ugg slipper boots and mad hair with black smeared eye make up and stuff out in EVRY room in the house, and this is a B&B so lots of house, I had dried flowers being sprayed, my breakfast stuff and the sofas and chairs had decorations being sorted etc, music on load and I was realy enjoying my morning, when my hubby to be turned up with some one he met on the train as all trains were cancelled so he came in for a look around and a coffee...I was so embarressed as I don't care too much about the stuff out but I looked so horrid and I suspect my OH told him that we were to be married soon, and I am 21 years older but looked on that morning at least 30 years older...just wish he could see me when at least I have combed my hair!!!!!!  ::)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 11:45:56 am »
My kids are addicted to charity shops and car boot sales - we live in a throw away society and there are so many great nearly new things out there, what's the point in spending a lot of money on clothes - my goats think I look a million dollars in my overalls and a mum at the school said she thought they were cool and was thinking of getting a pair   8) ;D so there  ::)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Sandy

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 12:00:08 pm »
Same here!!! I used to be slim and trim and work in an upper School and they were all into designer stuff and one girl commented on how she loved my nice pink jacket, it was a designer one but it was from Oxfam and I told her and she called me a tramp!! I loved that  ;) This house and garden is full of other peoples stuff!!!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 07:57:04 pm »
It's a kind of inverse snobbery - who can be the scruffiest  ;D

I bought a new work jacket at the Highland Show today - it's a waxed cotton but not horrible and stiff. It was half price. The only reason I'm a bit dubious about it is that it's navy and my waterproof trousers are black, and navy and black don't really "go" do they? ;D

Sandy

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 08:01:37 pm »
I cannot see the difference and often have one navy sock and one black!!!

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 08:27:31 pm »

I spent many years going to work in suit and tie so when I set up my own company that was the first thing to go on the bonfire.

I suppose I now spend a lot of the day looking like a tramp as I share my time between my small office and the micro-holding, where the pigs, chickens, and now goats seem to go out of their way to cover me in muck.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 08:47:29 pm »
it's navy and my waterproof trousers are black, and navy and black don't really "go" do they? ;D

how well can your horse / chickens / sheep / pigs tell the difference?!
:D
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS