Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted: Indian Runner ducks, west Scotland  (Read 4379 times)

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
Wanted: Indian Runner ducks, west Scotland
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:54:18 pm »
Hello there, does anyone know where I could get a trio or pair of Indian Runner ducks??  We've got a 4 week old miracle duckling, she was the only hatch out of 25 incubator eggs after her poor parents were eaten by an otter, we'd like to get her some friends!

We're in the Oban area of Scotland, any replies very welcome.

Thanks

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
Re: Wanted: Indian Runner ducks, west Scotland
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 01:10:09 pm »
That's hilarious - you must have posted your want at the same time I posted my for sale!  ;D

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:18:00 pm »
I know mad eh??? haha  ;D

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 01:31:51 pm »
I'm sure we could sort something out transport wise if you are interested? My ten day olds are growing like weeds, it's funny seeing them next to the new ones. I'm sure your miracle duckling would like company, they're very social beasties!

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 02:09:43 pm »
Oh I know, we couldn't believe how fast they grow and how easy they are to keep - they know just what to do!!  We had Tutu running about the house for a while, until the poos just got too big.....

I'll have a chat with my husband and see what he says.  Our first 2 IR's were white, very gorgeous and very funny.

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 02:14:45 pm »
Don't talk to me about the poo.......! I'm cleaning mine out at least twice a day at the moment,  mucky duckies. They're utterly divine, though, I adore them! Not sure what to put them in next, at the moment they're in a big plastic box. They're too little to go out. Thinking cap on! Love the name Tutu!

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:15:44 pm »
Tutu because she hatched at 2pm on 22nd May.....if it turns out to be a boy we're gonna call it Desmond haha.

By the way how much are you selling your lovelies for again?

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 04:51:42 pm »
Oooh, did you do the difficult sexing thing? Meant to be tricky with ducklings - I didn't try because it said you can injure them if you don't know what you're doing. Desmond would have been an excellent name too.
I've no idea what ducks or ducklings cost! I spent an outrageous sum of money on my adult pair, too much to tell you because you'd die of laughing at my naivety! I've seen them advertised for £5 each, seems a bit on the low side for my babies! Need to find out what the going rate is.

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 05:02:31 pm »
You sound like me!!  Honestly the lengths I go to make sure my ducks are happy, it's embarrassing....we love em too much eh??!  Are yours quite tame, do you hand rear them?

When you've had a think, let me know how much you'd want for a pair or a trio, thanks!

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 11:11:00 am »
I suppose £5 each is probably right. Three are good to go any time you want them. I'm not far off the M90 if you know of anyone coming down to Edinburgh who would bring them back up to you? Perhaps there is someone going to the Highland Show this weekend who wouldn't mind transporting three noisy ducklings?!

(Got loads more eggs incubating, hatching them for selling, nevertheless feeling a bit blue at the prospect of their departure! Twit!)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS