Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: White Indian Runners for sale  (Read 5833 times)

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
White Indian Runners for sale
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:51:55 pm »
I'm busily hatching eggs from my white Indian Runners, and wondered if anyone is interested in buying any? I've got two which  are now ten days old, (no idea what sex they are!) two hatched today, three due this weekend, and another nine half way through incubation. If anyone's interested let me know! Thanks, Vikki   :&>

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: White Indian Runners for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 12:55:31 pm »
Hi there where abouts are you??

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:09:29 pm »
I'm near Dunfermline. Should have said, sorry!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 09:46:14 pm »
Hi Vikki,  How tame are your runners turning out to be?   Ours are nearly fully grown now, but act like you're brandishing a meat cleaver every time you go anywhere near them!  I'm wondering if it's the breed, or just because we raised them under a broody hen, and more or less left them to her to deal with!!  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:52:23 pm »
Our runners also act as though I'm Freddy Krueger, despite all my love and attention! Perhaps my hand reared babies will be more tame? I don't know. Sorry Womble!  :)

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 10:22:57 am »
Nah I think it's the breed.  I hand reared ours from hatch and at 4 weeks old she's now living outside and decided I'm her worst nightmare - she used to fall asleep on my lap for goodness sake!!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:05:26 am »
My indian runner is the same, but i still love her, its ashame your not nearer i would love some more indian runners  ??? :wave:

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 11:38:47 am »
Well Faith, if you're ever anywhere near let me know - soon I'm going to be inundated with the little pests! The are the best ducks (although I adore my two KC's too).  :)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 11:52:42 am »
I will hold you to that  :wave:, i started out with 1 indian runner and an alysebury, then i got  2 KCs, and a drake, they are very addictive,  :wave:

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 11:58:00 am »
I'm going down to Glasgow next weekend and am desperately trying to work out how I can pick up 3 ducks on my return....

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 03:49:52 pm »
I've put the word out that if anyone's headed up your way to let me know.....!

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 09:51:03 am »
Hello again!  We're coming down from Mull to Glasgow next weekend (1-3 Jul) and instead of taking the train, we're thinking we could drive and go home via Stirling.

I wondered if you'd consider meeting us at say, junction 7 of the M90, is that too far for you?  Or somewhere you know that could be easy for us to exchange cash and ducks??  Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky.....  Alternatively, is there a train station near you with a link to Glasgow?

Sorry for all the questions.  I've put a note out on Facebook to see if anyone's coming from your way to Glasgow, fingers crossed!

Sacha

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 10:05:56 pm »
Hi Sacha,
I can meet you at Stirling, where's junction 7? I need to go to Doune where I have a wee stand at the Scottish Arts & Antiques Centre, do you go up that way?
Sounds like a plan!
Vikki

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:13:51 pm »
Someone heading your way this weekend if it helps? If not the Stirling thing is still an option!  :)

princesspiggy

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 11:38:18 pm »
Nah I think it's the breed.  I hand reared ours from hatch and at 4 weeks old she's now living outside and decided I'm her worst nightmare - she used to fall asleep on my lap for goodness sake!!

our come running when they see us with a bucket, sometimes if u call them, but wev never tried to pick them up ever. i love the breed.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS