Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Whole Pork Tenderloin  (Read 4476 times)

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
Whole Pork Tenderloin
« on: June 19, 2011, 10:55:13 pm »
Hola all :) just defrosted a bag of the skinned & boned pork that we had done and i seem to have a whole tenderloin (a Kune cross so not that big) and i am at a loss as to what i should do with it? It was still attached to a huge lump of meat (dunno what part) that i think was towards the front of the pig lol that i cut up and made into a soup.

Any tried and tested (oh and EASY) recipes? 

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
Re: Whole Pork Tenderloin
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 07:04:26 am »
Yes, Yes, Yes!

Yum, I too have this in my fridge. I have to admit that this is by no means a low fat recipe, so as a result it tastes bloody marvelous!

Take the tenderloin and cut it into 1 inch thick slices (medallions, if you will) spread one side with whoelgrain mustard and fry in a large frying pan in some butter. Give only a matter of minutes depending on how you like it cooked, I like mine still juicy and tender, a little pink. Then spread the exposed uncooked side with wholegrain mustard, turn the meat and fry off that side. Once both sides have had a coating of mustard and are cooked remove from the pan and keep warm. Return the frying pan to a gentle heeat and add some cream (double or single, up to you) plus a small amount of fresh mustard. stir the sauce until it just begins to bubble, check for seasoning. Add any juices that have collected from the meat back to the sauce and plate up the dish, pour over the sauce and Voila!

I like to serve this with any form of wilted greens however it also works well with rice or even add mushrooms to the pan when you are frying off the meat. You add some garlic and it makes a mean pasta sauce too.

Totally naughty, but ridiculously nice!

McR

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:07:51 am »
wow i am salivating st the thought :) got a load of soup in the slow cooker at the moment   :o but will have a go at that defo

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 10:46:31 am »
Mmmmm that does sound lovely  :yum:
I was going to suggest using some in a stir-fry, but I like McRennet's idea better  ;) ;D

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 09:37:35 pm »
Well considering my soup consisted of every from the cupboard and freezer (and i've nvr made soup with pork before) it was absolutly stunning  ;D the meat was falling apart ...... yum.

Going to try to put a joint in the slow cooker see if i like it cooked that way.

Shall try the above recipe tomorrow evening with the family ... see what they say

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 09:28:55 am »
Would suggest goon amazon and get a cheap good copy of Delia's Pork book, theres some good rcipes in there. I use it all the time and have adapted some of them to my tatse.
HTH
mandy :pig:

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 11:22:19 am »
I love tenderloin and was very excited when I found one in my freezer last night which I had been saving.  Very tempted to eat it tonight - I love it sliced and done in breadcrumbs with mashed potato and peas - yum!

SeamusOReilly

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 09:59:12 am »
Hello another suggestion again not low fat - our local restaurant did this and I have cribbed known as 'Pork Tower'.

Slice the tenderloin into medallions, season with salt and pepper and cook in the oven until the centre is just off pink.

Remove from oven and compose your tower as follows:

Pork medallion, slice of black pudding, pork medallion, flat mushroom with underneath coated in garlic butter, top the tower with grated good strong cheddar.  (Those with big appetites might like to add another layer of pork and black pudding!)

Put back in the oven and remove when cheese has melted over the tower.

Serve with mashed potatoes and a green pepper gravy.

Marvellous for a special occasion as my husband would say!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS